Redeem Tickets via other methods (QR code, etc)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Redeem Tickets via other methods (QR code, etc)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    adambowie
    Participant

Hey guys – is there an easy way to integrate mobile redemption?
    Must faster and more practical than having laptop to check in.

For example, we could embed QR codes on the tickets/ Is there a way to make a QR code call a “check in” via URL?

Barry

Hi – fantastic question 🙂

That’s certainly a possibility (and one we’re actually investigating ourselves) – however it would be a sufficiently advanced customization that we cannot really help you with it here in the support forum.

This happens to be a pretty popular feature request and I’d encourage you to add your support by upvoting the idea.

Thanks again!

adambowie
    Participant

Thanks but it seems that new feature never actually get developed 🙁
    Maybe we could do it ourselves. Is there a way to API in to do the redemption?

Barry

Hi!

It hasn’t been developed just yet, no – it’s something we’re investigating rather than something we have already built (if you look at the UserVoice status for that request you can also see it’s only Under Review at this time rather than Completed).

Maybe we could do it ourselves. Is there a way to API in to do the redemption?

I don’t see why not – but it’s really something you’ll need to explore by yourself as it’s a comparatively advanced customization. Each ticketing addon (such as WooCommerce Tickets) does have a publicly accessible checkin() method and that’s likely to be of interest here when you write the code that handles the redemption.

Other than that, I wish you luck – sounds like a fun project 🙂

adambowie
    Participant

Hey Barry – thanks – I will update you. We have our team on it now. Perhaps if we get all the kinks worked out we can share with others here.

Appreciate!

Barry

That would be awesome – thanks again!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Redeem Tickets via other methods (QR code, etc)’ is closed to new replies.