Recurring Tickets

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring Tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

Hi guys

I am checking in to see if there is an ETA on Recurring tickets. We get redirected to this thread when people ask https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3685663-recurring-event-support-for-tickets

BUT that started in 2013!

Is there an actual ETA for this at all? I need to know if to hang in there for it or make the decision to look for another ticketing system.

Cheers

Geoff B.

Good evening Jon and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You are correct, the work on recurring event tickets has started, but there is alas no available ETA for now.

To put this into perspective, we are currently redesigning our recurring events module from the ground up to accommodate this (among other things). We are currently in the QA phase of that section of the project.

As you might guess, we can’t wait to release this feature either!

In the meantime, in case you did not know, this feature already partially works, but only in 1 context: the tickets for any given event series are shared by all the events in that series.

In other words, the tickets do not vary from one event to the next (at least not for now).

Some of our customers that require separate tickets for each event in the series have applied the following workarounds for now:

1. Create the series and then break the different events from the series. This does remove the “see all” events functionality, but since each event is independent, you can sell different tickets in each.
    2. Create all the tickets they need in the series and hide some of them using CSS in each event.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Tickets’ is closed to new replies.