Recurring series

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring series

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    alexmiller
    Participant

I’m trying to create a recurring series for an event that occurs every Tue/Wed at 6:30 p.m.; every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m.; and every Saturday and Sunday at 1:30 p.m. from 9/4 and ending 9/30. I’ve tried every which way but can’t seem to get it to work. Also, map shows Africa only.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your questions.

I was able to generate an event series with the same parameters as seen in your screenshots.

What happens when you create this event? Does the original event get created, but none of the other instances? Do you see any errors when you create an event?

For the maps issue, do you have a Google account and maps API connected to your site?

Thanks,
    Sky

alexmiller
    Participant

Thanks Sky. I can’t seem to get the events to show up correctly on Tuesday and Wednesday, although now Thurs-Sunday seems OK. Map issues seems to have resolved itself.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Is it possible that you had created the Tuesday and Wednesday events, then put them in the trash? If so, try emptying your trash and then regenerating the series by saving the main event again.

I was able to recreate what you’re seeing by trashing the first added series of events, adding more and saving. It sees the ones in the trash as already existing so it doesn’t generate them.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
    Sky

alexmiller
    Participant

Essentially what’s happening is on the very first day of the event, I’m
    getting all 3 possible times appearing, and I cannot for the life of me
    figure out what I’m doing wrong. I get the same result with other events I
    enter. My patch so far is to go in and delete the ones with the wrong time
    on that first day, but seems like I shouldn’t have to do that. Am I correct
    in that the first event should be just that day, with the start and end
    date the same? Why would it then be picking up times from ensuing events?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

So if you go to create a brand new event with the same pattern of recurrence, you see the exact same thing? As in, extra events on the first day, then not showing up for the rest of the Tuesday and Wednesday?

As I mentioned, I am able to recreate that particular pattern without any problems.

Can you verify that you have tried to create an event like this with the Twenty Seventeen theme enabled and all other non Events Calendar plugins disabled?

Thanks,
    Sky

alexmiller
    Participant

I did try the other theme, clear the cache, turn off all the plugins and still having trouble (although now slightly different). Is there an up-to-date recurring events tutorial or video — the ones I can find online are all a few years old and the tool looks different. Or can I talk to someone? Is there a glitch I should know about? Seems like it shouldn’t be this hard.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

You can check out our knowledgebase article on working with event series here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/. This article is up to date.

Can you tell me what is different now with your issue? From your screenshots, it looks like you are doing things correctly. This is working for me without issue using the Twenty Seventeen theme. I’m not aware of any “glitches” that would cause behavior like this.

Did you check the trashed and “ignored” events as I suggested? This is the only thing I can think of that would have these effects.

Thanks,
    Sky

alexmiller
    Participant

Thanks. I’ve got to where everything works OK with one exception: on the first day of an event (Thursday, say), if there are recurring events at different times (say a Saturday matinee), the first Thursday event picks up those other times. For example, if the first day was a Thursday night event, it would pick up that matinee as well — even though no matinee on Thursday. I have to go in and delete those individual wrong dates. All the other entries are fine.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

OK, I was actually able to reproduce that this time. I’m going to create a bug ticket for this. We are releasing some updates today, so once those ar out, you might try updating and see if your problem still exists. Otherwise, we will follow up with you here once we have a fix.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,
    Sky

alexmiller
    Participant

Any update here? Still having same issue. thanks

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Still a work in progress. We will follow up with you here as soon as we know anything.

Thanks for your patience.

Sky

alexmiller
    Participant

Checking in on this one. I’m thinking about buying the community calendar but not if it will have this same problem.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

It looks like this is in the batch of fixes that will be shipping sometime today. Once the maintenance releases are out, can you update and test again?

Thanks,
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring series’ is closed to new replies.