Recurring rules exceptions are not saving correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Recurring rules exceptions are not saving correctly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

The exceptions are not honoring my settings. I add an exception as yearly, 2 monhts, on a different day, 4th tuesday and after save it says on the same day, the 25th day of each month.

I can manually edit the April exception but please get this fixed asap.

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

And then I entered the dates NOT in chronological order (trying to fix community input of 3 separate occurrence of the same event) and the 1st date which was the last occurrence did not show up on the calendar

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry for the troubles with the recurrences, that is definitely nerving.

I would be more than happy to help you find the root cause of the issue, so we can get down to the bottom of this and get your site to working as it should be.

The first step for this would be me testing the same event and recurrence setup. Could you share with me the whole setup of the event? Unfortunately on the screenshots I don’t see the starting date / setup and all the recurrence rule details. If you could share that with me I can immediately jump on testing that issue.

As for your second issue, it can be that since the recurrence is in the past it doesn’t get created. I’m not quite sure it that is considered a bug, I will check. The simple solution would be to put the oldest date as the original start/end, and future dates – future from the oldest – as recurrence rules.

Please then share with me the full setup of that recurring event which is causing you issues and I’ll try to check what could be the issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

1. Here is the setup. Not, that I added the 4/11 exclusion manually to fix the rules. AFter save it reverts to the pic I sent before. 2. The last occurrence was still in the future at that time. They were just not in chronological order. Ridiculous that this would be a factor. Just create the event.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the detailed explanation and the screenshots. I tried recreating the events and I could reproduce the issue, so it looks like we are facing a bug here. I will create an internal bug ticket for this, so the issue can be looked at and fixed by our developers.

As a workaround, you could set up the recurring event in a way that you don’t have exclusions. Here is an example:

Cloudup 5espkvhlu0a

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released. If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

And of course let me know if the workaround does the trick for you.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-8-event-tickets-plus-4-8/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring rules exceptions are not saving correctly’ is closed to new replies.