Recurring or Repeating Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring or Repeating Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

We need to sell classes or events that are, for example, every Monday for four weeks. Does The Events Manager do this or do I need Pro? If I need Pro, is that an upgrade or will I need to recreate the events I’ve already created? Thanks.

Jeff
    Participant

I have an add-on to this question. We also want to include instructor profiles to include/link to with the class info and probably want the instructors to be available to show in a grid or “instructor bios” page. Not sure if the “organizer” would fit this or what the best solution would be.

George
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. For recurring events, you would indeed need the PRO add-on. This is something you buy and install in addition to the core, free version of The Events Calendar on your site – in other words, both would be active on your site side-by-side.

As for needing to recreate events, if you have events that you want to be recurring but they’re currently not, then for these events your best option is to indeed just copy over content of the events manually, and then set their dates and times anew and then add the recurrence information and save the series of events. You could try to just add recurrence information to the events that already exist after you activate PRO on your site, but the method I mentioned above about recreating the events seems less prone to problems or to the information not updating correctly for the series.

<hr>

As for your question about organizers, the default “Organizers” taxonomy doesn’t have things like profile pictures at this time – there are taxonomy descriptions that you could use as places to put the organizer bios, but for adding profile pictures and/or adding a custom page that pulls all of them into a grid and such, these features would require custom code.

Let us know if this information is helpful, or if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks,
    George

katie

I have the pro version, how do I create a recurring event? I have a few that occur weekly. thanks much!

George
    Participant

Hey Katie,

You can learn all about Recurring Events, and how to create them, here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/

As for this ticket, since I haven’t heard from the original poster in a long time, I will close it up.

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring or Repeating Events’ is closed to new replies.