Recurring import is duplicating all events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Recurring import is duplicating all events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

So after spending 2 hours mucking around with this deleting and re-importing databases it looks like if I try any recurring import I get duplicates of every event, a single import works fine. Is this a known bug, not very impressed after paying $79.

I also have no setting for overwrites on recurring imports?

This is on a development environment.

Oliver
    Participant

This reply is private.

Oliver
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Oliver
    Participant

Hi AndrΓ‘s,

Okay, thanks for getting back to me, will let my client know. Wasn’t looking forward to asking them to fork out another $89 to overwrite existing events πŸ˜‰

You should probably make people aware of that on the ICAL Importer product page as its not clear at all they need to purchase both to do that, maybe an alert to let people know about this bug before they purchase would be good as well, its basically unusable right now.

Will look forward to the Event Aggregator release πŸ™‚

Cheers

Ollie

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for your valuable feedback! We very much appreciate hearing the suggestions and opinions of our users, this allows us to create better and better products. Like the upcoming Event Aggregator. πŸ™‚

I am going to close this ticket for now, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we will help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. πŸ™‚ If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Geoff

Hi Oliver,

We wanted to let you know that we recently released iCal Importer version 4.2.5.1 and it included a fix for the issue you reported for duplicated recurring event instances on import. Please update when you have the chance and defintely let us know if you continue to run into any problems.

Thanks so much for the heads up and for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring import is duplicating all events’ is closed to new replies.