Recurring events with no real pattern

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring events with no real pattern

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stefan

Hi,

my client uses his calendar for theater events. The recurrence is completely arbitrary. Instead of the “recurring events” input fields, could there be input fields to select when the event will actually take place?

In another posting here I read “the best solution would be to “fake it” via a couple separate recurrence patterns simulating one.” – However, I don’t see an option to input separate recurrence patterns (Version 2.0.3). Is this in another version?

thank you,
    Stefan

Rob

Hi there Stefan. The “fake it” suggestion would have to be done using the out-of-the-box architecture; ie creating a couple of distinctly separate recurring events with the same title so they appear linked. We’re going to have code in 2.1 that allows for more flexibility/randomness of recurring events, though, so the official support for this is coming. Sorry I couldn’t offer up more in the interim. Let me know if you’ve got any other questions along these lines.

Stephen

I’m in the same boat, I’m using ECP 2.0.3 with gravity Forms for an opera company. Ideally I want 1 event listing that has arbitrary performance dates.

Any idea when 2.1 will be available? It’s incredibly important that my client can add in arbitrary recurring dates.

In the mean time, Is is possible to change the _EventStartDate to accept a string? Such that the GF user could enter their dates like so:

03/14/2012
    03/16/2012
    03/17/2012
    03/21/2012

The idea would be to implode the string into rows to separate the dates.

Brody

Rob

Hey Stephen. Definitely, we’re seeing the value here – the best I can offer up is that we’ll have 2.1 out sometime between now and the end of March. (How soon will depend on how quickly we can get all these bugs ironed out). If you want to check in with me as we get closer to that date I’ll certainly have more information as to a specific timetable, and could probably confirm whether it’ll be in the initial 2.1 push or a subsequent release in the 2.1 lifecycle from there.

Hope that helps, let me know if you’ve got other questions here.

Stephen

Awesome! glad to hear that 2.1 should be out in the next 6 weeks or so!

Rob

Heck yeah man. Feel free to check in with us along the way (pro at tri.be) if you’re interested in a more concrete timetable as we know it.

Stephen

Hi Rob, can you update me on the expected release date of version 2.1 and more specifically the ability to create arbitrary re-occurring events. I have a client who is anxiously awaiting this functionality and we are being delayed because they are adamant about using it. Any idea when this will be available so I can give them a time frame?

Thanks,
    Stephen

Rob

Hey Stephen. Thanks for the follow-up; we just pushed 2.0.5 on Monday, so as of yesterday our focus is back on 2.1. Generally we try for one release a month, so if all goes according to plan that next release should be live by the end of April.

That being said: if we get a lot of feedback that there are problems/bugs with 2.0.5 and we feel we need a 2.0.6, that’ll delay 2.1 a few weeks. But so far the response to 2.0.5 has been positive and so we’re currently planning on bypassing the 2.0.6 route.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up a more substantive timetable here. If you’ve got other questions or want to check in over the next few weeks, I’d be happy to alert you as to status when I know it.

Marty
    Participant

I’m in the same situation as the others on this thread — theatre performances that recur at an irregular pattern. The ideal solution would involve not only dates, but times too (a matinee, for instance).

Would very much like to see this feature. Cheers

Rob

Thanks for the vote for this, Marty. It’s been one of the most requested features since launching, so we’re now just plotting out how to integrate it best. Stay tuned for more when we know it 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events with no real pattern’ is closed to new replies.