Recurring Events times out and do not attach correctly on save

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events times out and do not attach correctly on save

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Herbert
    Participant

I have tried for two days to add a weekly recurring event and each time the following things happen:

1. I get a timeout message
    2. When I go back into the Dashboard, I have between 1400 and 3000 listings of the same event when there should be no more than maybe 50.
    3. If I try to trash the series, only the first item goes to trash. I have to go into phpMyAdmin to delete the rest.

I have deactivated all plugins besides the events calendar plugins and I still have this issue. Has anyone else run into this issue? Should I roll back my version of Events Calendar and Pro?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot this with you.

How many weeks are you trying to create events in advance for? If you reduce that number can it create the events?

Also, when creating events are you checking: “Hide From Event Listings”?

I do not think downgrading will solve the issue, but.

This coding should resolve the Trash series Issue:

/*
    * The Events Calendar 3.9.1 Fix Trash Series when Hide From Event Listings is checked in Recurring Events
    */
    class RecTrashFix {
    public function __construct() {
    add_action( 'wp_trash_post', array( $this, 'add_query_action' ), 5 );
    }

public function add_query_action( $post_id ) {
    if ( ! tribe_is_recurring_event( $post_id ) || wp_get_post_parent_id( $post_id ) ) return;
    add_action( 'tribe_events_pre_get_posts', array( $this, 'remove_posts_excl' ) );
    }

public function remove_posts_excl( $query ) {
    $query->set( 'post__not_in', array() );
    }
    }

new RecTrashFix;

Let me know about all this and we can go from here.

Thanks

Herbert
    Participant

I have tried anywhere from 4 to 50 weeks and the issue remains. If I try to have a recurring event go for 4 weeks, about 1500 listings are created. If I try a recurring event go for 50 weeks, over 3000 listings are created. Also, I do not check the box to “Hide From Event Listings”.

Here is a screenshot of Dashboard: http://goo.gl/FhzxLh

Hopefully that helps give you a glimpse of what I’m dealing with. The dates are all the same and the event category does not carry over. I did not enter an organizer or venue this time, but when I do, that information does not carry over to the other events either.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information and the screenshot.

You mentioned you deactivated all plugins. Did you also change to a WordPress codex theme and try to create a recurring event when a different theme is running?

Let me know.

Thanks

Herbert
    Participant

I just tried with the Twenty Fifteen theme and the recurring event worked correctly. I switched back to the original theme, which used Twenty Eleven and the issue resumed.

Herbert
    Participant

Is there a fix that could be applied in the theme functions file to resolve this issue or a guide of what to look for? I inherited this theme and rely on this plugin heavily. Creating a new theme would be a pretty big undertaking right now under.

Brian
    Keymaster

It is hard to say what the issue is in the theme. It is a heavily modified version of Twenty Eleven so something there is causing the issue.

I would start with the functions.php and look for anything related to post saving or changing dates. I have not seen this before so not sure the cause of this.

But that is where I would start.

Herbert
    Participant

Issue is resolved. The problem was in my functions.php file with some coding that was added on in the last couple of weeks. The default Twenty Eleven theme did work for me without that code. Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to fix this issue.

Since the issue is resolved I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events times out and do not attach correctly on save’ is closed to new replies.