Recurring events repeating multiple times in the same day

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events repeating multiple times in the same day

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Some of our recurring events — say, 3 out of about 75 — are showing multiple times on the calendar, and I can’t identify the problem.

In the example link below, the event Group Active is shown 21 times on a Sunday. However, it doesn’t occur at all on a Sundays. I’ve attempted to modify the series, and when I view the event in the back-end, it shows it as being “Every Day.” It should be “Every Week”.

http://ow.ly/XCcjK

So, I click through and change all the events to every week, but the settings don’t stick: They seem to revert to “Every Day”, even when I’m careful edit all events in a series.

Fast forward to March, and the event is listed as happening a gazillion times on one day.

http://ow.ly/XCeft

Would love some help. Our clients are getting very confused.

Hunter

Hey Sean,

Welcome back to the forums 🙂

I checked your site and do indeed see “Group Active” repeated multiple times on Sundays. I can see how that would be confusing to your clients! Let’s see if we can figure this out.

First off, thanks for sharing your System Information with me and deactivating other plugins and reverting back to the default WP theme. Would you mind taking a screenshot of the Time & Date settings for the “Group Active” event and sharing that with me?

Thanks for contacting us and I look forward to hearing back from you. Have a good one!

Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Hello!

Thanks for the reply.

Today’s events (there should only be one): http://imgur.com/HO2NR8R

After editing: http://imgur.com/53jGdnl

Time and date: http://imgur.com/SdcdqPv

Changing “Every Day” to “Every Week” only affects that event.

After another review, it looks like — somehow — the plugin has multiplied one recurring event (e.g., weekly or daily) into a new, daily recurring event for each.

So, one daily recurring event is creating a new daily recurring event for each day of the week. I think.

This is only happening for 2-3 of our 60+ recurring events. NO IDEA where to go next to resolve this.

Sean Sullivan
    Participant

To follow up on the Time & Date: It’s possible that, when I entered these, I mistakenly chose “Every Day” instead of “Every Week”. Regardless, I only made one entry.

Francisco
    Participant

HI, Sean

I had the same problem, you have your, I multiplied recurring events, when the event had started an event, the next day the same event twice, the third day the same event three times and so on.

the solution is to edit when the recurring event, instead of choosing “daily” or “weekly”, is to choose “Custom” from the dropdown menu.

I what I do is this, I edit a unique one day event, with start time and end time,

below in the section on rules of recurrence in the drop-down box, I choose “Custom” and on the same line the end date of the event is chosen, in case you have end date, because you can choose from the drop “Never”

under this option, the frequency with which they will repeat “Daily” appears every day is repeated until date marked the end of the event, as a rule with the same hours, but this can change, “Weekly”, if like for example that only Monday, Mares and Thursday, “Monthly” or “Yearly” recurrence,

I’ve been doing so for a while and I get well (ie, one event per day, with the same schedule as a rule, during x days and I do not multiply)

Francisco
    Participant

HI, Sean

I had the same problem, you have your, I multiplied recurring events, when the event had started an event, the next day the same event twice, the third day the same event three times and so on.

the solution is to edit when the recurring event, instead of choosing “daily” or “weekly”, is to choose “Custom” from the dropdown menu.

I what I do is this, I edit a unique one day event, with start time and end time,

below in the section on rules of recurrence in the drop-down box, I choose “Custom” and on the same line the end date of the event is chosen, in case you have end date, because you can choose from the drop “Never”

under this option, the frequency with which they will repeat “Daily” appears every day is repeated until date marked the end of the event, as a rule with the same hours, but this can change, “Weekly”, if like for example that only Monday, Mares and Thursday, “Monthly” or “Yearly” recurrence,

I’ve been doing so for a while and I get well (ie, one event per day, with the same schedule as a rule, during x days and I do not multiply)

I hope this helps you,

A greeting from Spain

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Francisco.
    Hunter

Thanks for getting back to me, Sean 🙂

I believe Francisco is correct. Additionally, check out our PRO Recurrence Events article; it goes into detail about how the recurrence rules work.

I recently helped another customer in regards to recurrence rules which provides a pretty solid answer about recurrence rules. You can see that thread here.

If you have any troubles, please send me the recurrence rules you need for “Group Active” and I can help provide more assistance. Have a good week and thanks for choosing PRO 🙂

Sean Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

I’m afraid that didn’t resolve my issue.

As mentioned, we have dozens of recurring events that are working properly. It’s just this one event that’s causing so much trouble. It — along with the other — was imported to this site from another, which has me wondering if it was a glitch in the import. I found another thread that indicated a user had experienced something similar.

I’ve decided to delete the event and just start again. However, I’m having trouble with that too.

The event has multiplied itself to the point where there are 7,000+ instances of this event. I’ve resorted to erasing them, which is a slow process that sometimes does and doesn’t work.

I’ve set WP to show 100 posts at a time. Sometimes I can delete all at once. For the most part, I receive a “Error in moving to Trash.” warning. After refreshing the page, I’ll see that 15-20 of the events have been moved to the Trash.

With 7,000 posts, and deleting 15 at a time, I’m looking at about 467 page refreshes to get rid of all these duplicate events. Any help you can provide in how to bulk delete this event would be appreciated.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Sean Sullivan.
    Sean Sullivan
    Participant
    Hunter

Hey Sean,

Would you mind linking to the other thread you referenced? Additionally, I’m still having troubles recreating the issue. Would you mind providing me the step-by-step process you’re using when adding the event(s) you’re experiencing troubles with?

Thanks for the patience and I look forward to getting this solved. Have a good day 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events repeating multiple times in the same day’ is closed to new replies.