Recurring Events on selected Days

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events on selected Days

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

I just purchased teh event Cal. Pro because I was looking for a possibility to add recurring events, which appear only on selected days. Say, this month the event will happen at 3rd Fri. of the month, next Month at the 1st Fri., next Month at the 2nd and the other months at the 5th Fri. and so on.
    We do not have fixed days or weeks during the events, it even could happen on another weekday, or one month not at all. But it will be always the same event.
    Any chance to do so?

George
    Participant

Hey @Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out. This is an interesting situation and, I’m sorry to say, our recurring events feature will not be the best option for implementing the unique and variable schedule here. It does not have the flexibility to pull off the scheduling you describe.

To demonstrate why, I would like to highlight what you said in your post:

We do not have fixed days or weeks during the events, it even could happen on another weekday, or one month not at all. But it will be always the same event.

This lack of consistency and patterns in the scheduling of the event itself mean that it is not “recurring” in the sense that our plugin code understands. I know that it is to us as people, and it’s the same event that occurs frequently and such. But our code and the “recurring events” feature is a bit more literal and specific, and only supports events whose actual schedule details are repeatable and recurring.

So, if your event was the first Monday of every month, with some months missing, you could add that in the recurring events configuration easily. If it was every-other Wednesday on top of this, you could add that, too.

Our plugin does support “weird”/complicated recurrences like the example above….

But in your event’s case, where there is no repeating pattern of when it will occur, our recurring events feature does not support that unfortunately.

I’m sorry about this! I hope my explanation here is informative and helpful; please let me know if so, and if there’s anything else I can help with here, any further questions on this etc.

Sincerely,
    George

Thomas
    Participant

Thx for the info, George. I am sorry to hear this, as this is a “must have” requirement for me. I have asked for a refund today – but still a pretty good plugin 😉

George
    Participant

Sorry to disappoint Thomas! 🙁 We’ll process your refund immediately.

Thank you for giving our products a try!

Sincerely,
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events on selected Days’ is closed to new replies.