Recurring Events on Non Regular Schedule

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring Events on Non Regular Schedule

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Iain
    Participant

Hi,

I’m running a calendar that has recurring training events, but they are on a totally random pattern. i.e Monday 3rd, Friday 13th, Tuesday 25th, etc. I saw that the most recent release of Pro was supposed to allow for this, but I can’t figure out how to do it, and the documentation doesn’t seem to have caught up with the release yet.

Could you let me know how to do this, or point me in the right direction of the updated documentation.

Thanks, Iain

Nico

Hey Iain,

Thanks for reaching out! I see you also post in the pre-sales forum but I’ll help you out anyway here.

Regarding the ‘random’ pattern you want to achieve, this can be done by adding exclusions to the recurrence pattern. Other way can be to create a recurrence pattern that creates all the events you need and then go back to the event listing and delete the instances that you don’t need. Does this makes sense?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Iain
    Participant

Thanks Nico,

That makes sense, but it’s a bit of a workaround. Are there any plans to enable specific date selection for recurring events? There is an option to add multiple ‘once’ recurrence already. but no option to select dates for those ‘once’ events.

Thanks, Iain

Nico

Hey Iain,

Thanks for following up! It’s a bit of a workaround for sure. I guess recurrence rules are intended to represent ‘patterns’, but I clearly see the benefit of having a ‘Date’ option (as there is in exclusions). The ‘Once’ option in the rules refer to no recurrence (the event will be happening just once).

I’ve added this ‘feature request’ to the product backlog, but mostly sure this won’t added right away as we are about to release a new version of the product soon and the code is already in QA phase. Hopefully we can see this in ‘next release’ coming out in early 2016.

Thanks a lot for the feedback on this, and please let me know if there’s something else I can do for you on this,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that this feature will be included in our upcoming release! We are putting the finishing touches on The Events Calendar 4.1 and are excited to make it available. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

Thank you for supporting this feature and for your patience while we added it to the plugin.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events on Non Regular Schedule’ is closed to new replies.