Recurring events on different time

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events on different time

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Yves.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yves
    Participant

Hello,

I ve seen this question has been raised before, but I do not understand the solution
    I even saw that the solution was released in previous version (and I did the update) but I still do not understand how to use it
    And I read the documentation and knowledge base, but I really do not understand

I would like to set recurring events at different times.
    Let say I have

20 Jan 2017, 10am-5pm
    21 Jan 2017, 10am-5pm
    22 Jan 2017, 10am-4.30pm

or

26 Nov 2016, 9.45am-6pm
    27 Nov 2016, 9.45am-5pm

For the same events: same description, picture, venue details…

So how do I do that ?

Thanks

Yves

Andras
    Keymaster

Salut Yves,

Thanks for going Pro and thanks for your inquiry!

I am happy to help you with that question! I hope it will be a good explanation on how you can set up recurring events in funky ways.

I take it those are separate events, so here’s a screenshot of the first event’s settings set in January 2017:

Cloudup nnn3opjhar3

So basically you set up an event for Jan 20, 2017 from 10 to 5pm.

Then click the blue “Add more events” button.

Select the “Once” option, set the date (Jan 21) and leave “at the same time” the way it is.

Then click the blue “Add more events” button again.

Select the “Once” option, set the date (Jan 22) and set it to “a different time” and enter the required timings.

For the November event:

Cloudup hqhby1ev0ho

The case is the same. Set up the event for the first date. Then “Add more events”, set date.

Set “at a different time” and set the timing.

Boom! Done. 🙂

I hope that helps.

A small note, when you are setting up recurring events it is always best to set up the event with the earliest date in time, and set up the recurrences which are in the future from that date.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions, I’d be happy to help!

Cheerio,
    Andras

Yves
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, but I do not have the “add more events” button
    see my screenshot
    thanks
    Yves

Yves
    Participant

screenshot

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Yves,

It looks like you are using the latest The Events Calendar, but an older Events Calendar PRO.

As a start I would ask you to update the PRO plugin as well to the latest. Then you’ll see the buttons I shared in my screenshot.

On your screenshot in the dropdown you would need to choose ‘Personnalisé’ if my French doesn’t fool me. 🙂

And the ‘Ajouter une nouvelle règle’ button label has changed to ‘add more events’.

But first run the update, that will fix some bugs since PRO 4.3.4 and will give you the new interface for recurring events. Also it will work better together with the recent TEC plugin.

Let me know how that works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Yves
    Participant

Hello,
    Ok I can do the update, but the system does not tell to do it in the plugin sections. As I read your knowledge base, it should have a “update the plugin” link below the plugin
    See screenshot
    thanks

Yves
    Participant

ok I managed to do it by a manual update
    And now it is ok I see how to set same event at different time and day
    thanks !

Andras
    Keymaster

Yves, you are very welcome! I’m happy you managed to do the update!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar/reviews/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events on different time’ is closed to new replies.