Recurring events off by one day

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events off by one day

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Marianne
    Participant

Hi – I used the csv import to create a single instance of some events. I need them to be recurring, so I then went to change each event accordingly. I am running into an issue where the events subsequent to the first are shifted one day forward. For example, the first instance / single event is on a Friday. When I set it to recur weekly on Fridays, the text in the dashboard is correct (An all day event every week on Friday, repeating indefinitely) but the events appear on Saturday in the calendar. Obviously I can make the calendar correct by choosing to repeat on Thursday, but if this is a bug that will require me to go back and fix all events once fixed I don’t want to do that. Please advise.

Thanks!

Marianne
    Participant

I should add that these were imported as all day events (ALL DAY EVENT = TRUE)

Trisha

Hi Marianne!

Sorry to hear you’re having this problem, I know how frustrating these issues can be. This is definitely not intended behavior but I’m hopeful that we can get this figured out for you asap!

There are a few things you can check:

1. First off go to Settings > General in the WordPress Admin area and see what timezone your site is currently set to.
    2. After you’ve confirmed that go back to your csv file and check to see if the events themselves are set to the same time zone that your site is.
    3. If they are not and you wish to keep them set as different than the your website timezone; you can adjust the Timezone settings in your Events Dashboard at Events > Settings. You’ll find the timezone settings at the bottom of that page.

I tested some myself and it is possible have what appear to be duplicate events or events on the wrong day simply because the timezones don’t match.

If you’ve tested this already or if you find this isn’t the case after testing please let me know! We have some further troubleshooting steps we can go through if needed.

Cheers,
    Trisha

Marianne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Trisha

This reply is private.

Marianne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Trisha

This reply is private.

Marianne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Marianne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Trisha

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events off by one day’ is closed to new replies.