Recurring Events Not Working – After"testing for Conflicts" my widgets erased

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events Not Working – After"testing for Conflicts" my widgets erased

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    joshuah
    Participant

I purchased Events Calender Pro for the recurring events feature. I installed and activated it. Every time I updated my events to be recurring, the chosen features would not save. The only thing that would save would be the event title, description and time. Date, recurring event features and venue info would not save . I went to forum and went through a few recommended steps including”Testing for Conflicts.” After changing template to twenty 13 and deactivating all my pluggins as instructed, I found the problem persisted. When I reinstalled my template and reactivated my pluggins, ALL my widgets were erased. Now my website is missing a lot of its content and looks bad. I paid to have all these things customized and now its all gone. Going to have to pay a few hundred dollars to get this fixed. Anything you can do to help?

Barry

Hi joshuah,

I’m sorry that following those steps has resulted in difficulties. Making a backup is a valuable precaution to take before making any sweeping changes to your site (such as mass deactivating plugins) and we’ve updated our Testing for Conflicts page to make that as clear as possible.

I’m guessing that in this case you didn’t make a backup – but it could be worth checking in with your web host (sometimes they make automated backups) or even with your designer/developer if you use the services of such a person or business to help manage your site.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot we can do to help in terms of reconfiguring your widgets, etc, but we’d certainly be happy to assist with the initial problem. Can you link me to one of the events you tried to set as a recurring event and perhaps share a screenshot of the recurrence settings?

Though you can’t upload screenshots directly to the forum you are welcome to drop a link in to any images hosted on a service like Droplr or Dropbox (or of course you could upload them to your WordPress site).

Thanks!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events Not Working – After"testing for Conflicts" my widgets erased’ is closed to new replies.