recurring events not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events recurring events not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    joseph
    Participant

So I tried all the steps as described to find an issue and I have turned up with nothing. Recurring events not showing up. Could you please help?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for using our plugins and I’m really sorry about this issue with the recurring events. I’m happy to help you with this.

To be able to help you I would like to ask for a couple things.

• Can you send me a screenshot of the settings of a recurring event that doesn’t show up?
    • Do you see the event page of the recurring event on the front? Can you send me a direct link to a recurring event?
    • Does it help if you change the setting Events > Settings > General > Recurring event instances?
    • Can you confirm that you also checked with a default theme like twentysixteen and you still had the issue?

Looking forward to solving this with you!

Cheers,
    Andras

joseph
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

joseph
    Participant

The first recurrence rule was what I need. I tried everything multiple times throughout the past couple of days. Changed through several themes and nothing. Cleared cache several times afterward and checked all the plugins. Now there are seldom occasions where it comes up, but it may have happened once or twice now. It usually happens when I set it back to the theme I use and then once I refresh the page it goes back to normal, but again this does not happen every time. It has me lost and confused. As for the styling, I reset that and still nothing. The other pages seem to be fine and acting normal. No other problems.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for getting back to me with the results of all that testing.

I also did some more investigation and discovered a javascript error on the page which is the result of a bug. As a result, if a site uses https, some glitches appear.

We are already working on fixing the issue with high priority. The fix should come still sometime before Christmas if all goes according to plan.

Until then there are some workarounds:

• Make sure the under General > Settings > Site URL is also https

If this doesn’t solve it, then:

And finally if that also doesn’t work, then:

• Downgrade all the plugins to 4.3.2

I’m sorry about this. Please hang in there, the fix is on the way.

Let me know which workaround does the trick for you.

Cheers,

Andras

joseph
    Participant

This reply is private.

joseph
    Participant

Nevermind, I believe I have fixed that issue. Thank you for everything by the way. Everything was fixed just in time.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Joseph,

I am glad to see you were able to figure it out.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share that we’ve just published The Events Calendar 4.3.5, which includes some fixes to our plugin JavaScript and asset loading. These fixes should help address some of the problems reported here.

You can learn more about the release on this page → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-the-events-calendar-4-3-5-event-tickets-4-3-5-and-premium-plugins/

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘recurring events not working’ is closed to new replies.