Recurring events not showing redirect loop

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events not showing redirect loop

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

I’m reaching out not only to congratulate you guys and the awesome work you do, but to ask about a problem I seem unable to resolve. It’s probably something staring at my face but I can’t see it. We’re experiencing a problem with recurring events. When you click on one of them the event doesn’t appear and an error page saying “this web page has a redirect loop” is displayed instead. Screenshot here http://awesomescreenshot.com/0535bo030 (it will only appear for 3 days).
    This seem to be happening with Chrome only so far. I’ve tried clearing my cookies etc. but nothing changes. See screenshot attached.
    Are you guys aware of this and know how to resolve or is this a issue I somehow unknowingly created myself? I’ve tried disabling plugins that might create any sort of conflict but had no luck. I haven’t updated to the last version of WP yet.

Any kind of help you can give will be very much appreciated. There are events happening in the next week and people are clicking on the site and getting no info…. So thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Laura,

This is not something we are aware of as an issue but sorry to see this is a problem for you. Can you provide a link to your website with an example so I can see it for myself? Do you have enough memory allocated on the server for your website? This link can help you out with that: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/

Also, have you tried clearing your permalinks by visiting Settings > Permalinks? What are your permalinks settings set as?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Let’s keep the conversation here. Which event in specific are you seeing this issue on?

Laura
    Participant

Hi Jonah, thanks for your reply. This “too many redirects” issue is happening with all the recurring events. If you go to the site and then on to “eventi”, click for instance on event on 18th May. The event will not show and you’ll get an error message instead from the browser saying that the page has a redirect loop and couldn’t be displayed. I’ve tried disabling all plugins but nothing changed. I’ve also emptied the cache and browsing history but no luck there either. Hope this can be figured out sooner or later! Thanks for your time and effort. Laura

Rob

Hey Laura: can you upgrade to the latest WordPress and then re-save permalinks, to see if this issue persists? I see you’re still a dot-release behind and all things being equal it’s good to be on the current release, both to ensure the plugin works correctly and so you’re in the same environment as our support team.

I see you’ve deactivated the plugins already to find the issue persists. This makes me wonder if it’s a theme conflict; can you test reverting to the default 2011 theme and testing again from there? Please create new events for the test, rather than using ones already in the system.

We can try to keep troubleshooting from there. It’s tough as this is an unfamiliar issue we haven’t encountered yet but let us know about the above and we’ll proceed accordingly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events not showing redirect loop’ is closed to new replies.