Recurring events not showing in ical/ics feed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events not showing in ical/ics feed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Just bought Events Calendar Pro and I’m trying to set up a recurring event. One of the requirements for my site is the ability for users to sync the calendar to their devices using google calendar, so I’m making use of the built-in .ics feed url. However, the file generated from that url does not contain recurrence information for the event. It only has one entry in the file, so future events don’t sync. Would appreciate some guidance!

Cliff

Hi Michael.

If you’re referring to the “Export Month’s Events” button’s iCal link/file, that’ll only be the current month’s worth of events (which can be modified via custom code for a different time period).

Are you saying you have a recurring event that occurs more than once in the current month but only shows up once in the month’s iCal file?

If yes, please provide your iCal link.

Thanks.

Michael
    Participant

This is for my ical URL export so I can integrate with google calendar, not the link from the site. http://www.jewyorksocial.com/events?ical=1 . I have an event that occurs the second Friday of every month and want that to show in there.

Cliff

It sounds like you’re wanting that iCal URL to include a longer time period. Please try this code to customize it for your needs:

here: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/ab1f7c4d95723ee6f892

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Michael
    Participant

Cliff,

I’m fairly new to WordPress – where exactly should I place this functions.php file / this snippit?

Cliff

Welcome to WordPress customizing!

Best practice for adding custom code (like to implement a PHP snippet to modify The Events Calendar) is to create a functionality plugin, unless it’s something specific to your theme, in which case best practice is to make sure you’re using a child theme, then add the customization to your child theme’s functions.php file.

I hope this information helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events not showing in ical/ics feed’ is closed to new replies.