Recurring events no longer working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events no longer working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ruud
    Participant

Hi there,

I´m not sure where to begin. There should be about 900 recurring events mentioned on http://www.cvah.nl/markets.
    (still too bad the bar filter is limted to 200 by the way!) But most events are no longer visible. They were in the past, but somewhere, somehow, it is no longer the case. Along the line we made changes, installed new plugins, bought your community add-on. Not sure where things went wrong.

In the back-end I can clearly see the events still mentioned, however….they no longer seem to be connected to location nor event series. Most surely related to the problem of not finding the recurring events in the front-end.

Note:
    – it seems to concern events that were uploaded in januari 2016
    – when I select for one of these events, the system/wordpress seems to no longer respond to anything, and I am forced to close the browser.

How to solve this. Is there for instance a way to export everything to csv, delete all recurring events, and import once again the data?

I didnt try to deactive all plugins and change the Theme….I am way too afraid things will look different or will no longer work once I change everything back.

If you need access to the site, or anything, just let me know.

Kind regards,
    Ruud

Cliff

Hi, Ruud.

If you want to override Filter Bar’s 200 limit, you could use one or both of these filters:

• tribe_eventsfilter_bar_venues_limit
    • tribe_events_filter_bar_organizers_limit

===

For the issue regarding PRO’s recurring events, might they share the same recurrence pattern (e.g. weekly)?

Ruud
    Participant

Hello Cliff,

In somw way, yes, they do share the same recurrence pattern. I believe
    almost all of em weekly, only the exact day varies.
    Should I provide you with a login code to the website, so you can guys can
    see for yourself?

Kind regards,
    Ruud

Cliff

In a Private Reply, could you please send a database dump and also provide a wp-admin login and finally, link to a an event series that is not working and matches the pattern?

Ruud
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Ruud
    Participant

Hello Cliff,

OK, so it is not possible to import recurring events. You are actually
    right. I recall to have manually edited all 900 events and made them
    recurring. I must have put this dreadful exercise far away in memory, but
    it seems I have to do this once again. No clue why they no longer are
    recurring though….

Anyways, more important, I cannot edit any event because as soon as I open
    a series, regardless which one, the browser freezes.

Is there a way to export all event data, and then import the events again.
    Perhaps the problem of freezing will disappear by itself. Also, it gives us
    an opportunity to review all the events, as only Excel allows us to do this
    rather quickly.

Regards,
    Ruud

2017-08-30 6:08 GMT+02:00 The Events Calendar <[email protected]

Cliff

There is no CSV export, but you could use the native WordPress XML exporter. However, this won’t then work with Excel.

Regarding the page freezing, you could try deactivating all other plugins and see if that gets things working again.

If it doesn’t, you might require a more powerful server. Or, often times web hosts will allow you to increase the memory limit on your current server.

Here are some helpful links regarding this:

Keep in mind that WordPress is a powerful application, and our Calendar only adds to that power. Often times the cheapest hosts out there simply will not accommodate these, especially once you start having a lot of posts or events.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events no longer working’ is closed to new replies.