Recurring events marked ‘Hide from Event Listings’ are still on the calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events marked ‘Hide from Event Listings’ are still on the calendar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kingdom vision
    Participant

We have some events that last several weeks which clog up the calendar so previously we ticked the ‘Hide from Event Listings’ box which solved that problem. In the update these events are no longer hidden even when the ‘Hide from Event Listings’ box is marked and are still being listed on the calendar (annoying because they now dominate the calendar)

I’ve changed the theme to twenty thirteen and deactivated the other plugins as per the test instructions to check for conflicts but the problem remains.

Nico

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience this might be causing to you 🙁

Can you please indicate in which view this is failing ? I’ve run a quick local test for this and it seems to be working on my end. I see you have Facebook Events Importer in your site, where this events imported from facebook? If you create a new event and ‘hide it from listings’, Is there any difference with existing events?

Please let me know,
    Best,
    Nico

kingdom vision
    Participant

It’s failing in the Events Calendar view ie http://www.kingdomvision.co.uk/events/

The events weren’t imported from facebook, they were added by contributors on a community page http://www.kingdomvision.co.uk/events/community/add

As I said, I could hide them before but they’ve all reappeared since the latest 3.12 update.

I’ve just added a new event and it still appears on the calendar when I check the ‘Hide From Listings’ box

Donald
    Participant

I have the same problem. Deleted the events and added as new asking to hide them and they show up

Nico

Hey Tracey and Donald,

Thanks for following up on this, and sorry for the inconvenience this might be causing 🙁

Further testing confirmed that what you report is a bug in the new release of the plugin and it’s only affecting the ‘Month view’. I’ve logged this in our product backlog and a fix for this will be included in the upcoming version of the product. Unfortunately there’s still no date set for said release yet, but hopefully we can see it out by the end of the month or earlier.

Do you think you can hold on a bit on this? The other option is to downgrade the products to the previous release where this was worked as you point out.

Thanks again for reporting this and hope to see this fixed very soon,
    Best,
    Nico

Geoff

Hey again, Tracey!

Just want to let you know that we just shipped an update and a patch for this issue was included. Please update and feel free to drop us a new note if you continue to bump into any issues with this. We appreciate your patience while we worked on this–thanks for your support!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events marked ‘Hide from Event Listings’ are still on the calendar’ is closed to new replies.