Recurring Events – How to Set up 2 Times in One Day

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events – How to Set up 2 Times in One Day

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Barry
    Participant

My client is a non-profit movie theater.

I’m using recurring events to show film screenings/showtimes.

How do I show one event recurring multiple times on one day? I’ve tried several different configurations to get this to work, but the calendar view shows only the first showtime for the first day of the event.

For example (see attached):

I have set up a film with 4 showtimes on 2 separate days:

Monday, August 29th at 7pm and 8:45pm
    Tuesday, August 30th at 7pm and 8:45pm

The dates/times show properly for the 30th, but only show the 7pm start time on the 29th. What gives?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Matthew,

That’s a great question. The truth is our plugin does not support multiple recurrences on the same day. We recently added the feature to allow a recurrence to be on different times, as you obviously have seen. But, what slipped through the cracks when testing this feature was adding support for different times on the same day. None of us thought of this before release :-/ and so that capability was not added.

This is something we would like to add in the future, but until then you can not have a single series be for multiple times on the same day. What you can do is create a second series, maybe name it “event title – 8:45pm” and set that one to be a different time.

I wish I had better news here. Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events – How to Set up 2 Times in One Day’ is closed to new replies.