Recurring events from Facebook don't import correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Recurring events from Facebook don't import correctly

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Samuel.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

Recurring Facebook events import as one event that go from the beginning of the first event to the end of the last recurring facebook event. They would not import at all from the page URL. I had to go to the individual event url to even get this to import.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/broken-facebook-re-occuring-events/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Samuel!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me help you with this topic.

Unfortunately, Event Aggregator does not support importing recurring events at the moment. So, the behaviour you are experiencing is the default behaviour for those kind of events.

I wasn’t really aware that Facebook had recurring events as an option. This could be a new thing from their side. If you think this should be added as a feature to Event Aggregator, you could share with us that idea in our User Voice here > https://tribe.uservoice.com/

If you need help elaborating this a bit more, just let me know and I’d be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Samuel
    Participant

Are you f***ing serious? I purchased this as a solution for Facebook
    importing? You charge an incredibly high amount for your product and I pay
    that because of feature updates. The ONLY reason I and many designers I
    know use EXPENSIVE companies like yours is because of feature updates. Are
    yous saying that’s not the case now? We should go with other, cheaper
    companies?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Samuel,

I’m sorry for the confusion here. I did not understand correctly the issue you were reporting. Let me try to explain this better.

We currently do not support importing recurring events, meaning they won’t be a recurring event for your site to be edited with Events Calendar PRO’s built in functionality > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-recurring-events/.

However, you should be able to import recurring events as single events. But, after a few tests I have found there is currently a bug while importing recurring events from Facebook, where it does not import every instance, but gets the first instance start date and last instance end date for one event.

I have just logged a bug report for this issue so it will be addressed in a future maintenance release of our plugins. We cannot commit to a date for this, but I have linked this thread to the bug report so we will notify you as soon as a fix is available.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Samuel!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events from Facebook don't import correctly’ is closed to new replies.