Recurring events for classes – class 1, 2, 3, etc

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events for classes – class 1, 2, 3, etc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    macymidd
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using the Event Calendar with Woo Tickets for a Wine School. We have classes that meet 3 and 4 times. I want the recurring events to show up on the calendar, but I only want to see them on the first date on the events list. Is this possible?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi macymidd,

There have been a number of approaches to this posted in the forums. Here are two I found:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/reoccuring-event-shows-multiple-times-in-loop/#post-16277
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/customize-output-of-recurring-events-list-titledesc-once-all-dates-under-that/

You can try those two out. Otherwise you’ll need to work on a solution yourself or wait until 3.0

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

macymidd
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

I tried the second option – updating my theme’s function.php and the list.php that is located in my themes event directory. However, I got a fatal error: unable to find EventListOrganiser class in list.php. I added that bit of code to my theme’s function file – so I’m not sure why it’s not picking it up. Any thoughts?

Also, regarding the 1st option – where would I add this code? To my theme’s function.php file?

Thanks!

Macy

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Macy,

For the second option, make sure you are adding the code properly, i.e. before any closing PHP tags or if added after a closing PHP tag, make sure to re-open PHP…

For the first option, you would plug that into your list.ph file.

Does that help?

macymidd
    Participant

Yep. I will try that. Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

You’re welcome, let me know if you need any more help with this.

macymidd
    Participant

Hey Jonah –
    I got it to work fine, thank you for your help.
    Is there a way to only show the first date of the recurring event? I am setting up classes that meet several times, so I only want the first class to show up in the list (because students can’t sign up if it has passed).
    Let me know!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi macymidd,

Great, you’re welcome. There are some solutions that others have shared on the forum, but we don’t have an official one for this yet. In our 3.0 release there will be an option to hide subsequent occurrences. For now you will need to try this solution or figure out something on your own:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/reoccuring-event-shows-multiple-times-in-loop/

I hope that helps!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events for classes – class 1, 2, 3, etc’ is closed to new replies.