Recurring events, excluding a date range

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events, excluding a date range

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Edwards
    Participant

Hi,

We have just purchased the events calendar PRO and are looking into the way recurring events work.
    Can anyone please help explain the ‘Exclusions’ section of a new recurring event?

Say we have a weekly event running from May to November, but not over school summer holidays (i.e. 6 weeks in July / August) . How do we set up the exclusions to cover this?

If I use the exclude weekly, there is only an ‘end’ date for the exclusion. How do you set an exclusion range to be from July – August? Using this end date seems to schedule the exclusion to happen from ‘now’. Is there no corresponding ‘start’ date for an exclusion window?

Do I have to add a ‘Once’ exclusion for every week of the summer holidays?

Any help appreciated, thanks

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Elizabeth!

Thanks for posting your questions, and I’m happy to help. 🙂

What I’d suggest doing, instead of an exclusion in this case, is to create a recurring event through the month that it stops. Then duplicate this event, and create one that starts on the month when you need the events to pick back up again. Unfortunately, there’s no way to just exclude certain months at this time.

Please let me know if this makes sense, and if there’s anything further I can do to help or clarify! 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events, excluding a date range’ is closed to new replies.