Recurring Events entry doesn’t work–screwy dates!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events entry doesn’t work–screwy dates!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Participant

For a while, I was able to enter recurring dates without issue, but I did know I was having issues if I went back and tried to edit them (content edits OK, but trying to change times or add an extra recurrence, not OK). However, I’m currently unable to successfully create a recurring event, period.

What happens is that I enter all of the information. Example is an event on 9/8/13 from 10:40-11:40, recurring weekly until 12/29/13. When I hit publish, the Start Date changes to something within the recurrence–current instance is 9/29/13, but the end Date stays at the original 9/8/13 (my site is defying the laws of physics!). If I look at the list of the newly generated events, the list shows the end date as 9/29, start as 9/8, all through the whole list. And the events show on the calendar, starting at 9/29. I’ve deleted the events several times and attempted to recreate and continue to encounter the problem.

I have deactivated all plugins and reverted to the default theme and created a new recurring event, but ran into the same problem.

What’s quite strange to me is that I’ve spent the morning updating the calendar on this site and successfully created about half a dozen other recurring events, with no issues.

There is a maintenance plugin on the site–you can bypass by adding /stacy to the URL. Thank you!

Screenshots:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/894876/recurring%20list.png
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/894876/recurring.png

Robin
    Participant

Interestingly, the issue seems to be limited to recurring events in a specific category. If I create an event in a different category, I’m no longer having the issue. I’m not sure if I can get around it by just converting old events to the new category and deleting the old category?

Barry

Hi Robin, sorry first of all for the long delay in responding – we’ve been overwhelmed with support queries in the last couple of weeks and that has regrettably slowed our response times by quite a bit.

Can I confirm firstly if you still need assistance here and secondly – if you do – do you still find this is restricted to events in a particular category? Are you unable to replicate the problem in any other categories whatsoever?

Robin
    Participant

Hey Barry, I’ve managed to avoid the problem altogether by creating a new category and using that. The issue does seem to have been limited to that one particular category, so I’ve deleted it and moved on (getting closer to launching the site). I feel like editing recurring events is a hit or miss endeavor, but for the time being, I’m OK–although a bit bummed to lose that category label since it was the one I wanted to use. There was nothing funny in the name or slug so I don’t know why it would have caused the issues it did, but it’s gone from the development site now so I can’t test it anymore. Thanks–

Barry

OK, well in that case I’ll close this thread – but if you do find this resurrects itself (and better yet if you can replicate it in a testing or staging environment where we might be able to see it and “dig around” without fear of disrupting the live site) that would be great although, hopefully, this problem will not return 🙂

Thanks again for your understanding and support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events entry doesn’t work–screwy dates!’ is closed to new replies.