Recurring events duplicate massive

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events duplicate massive

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Dahm
    Participant

Hi Tribe,

i have two questions.
    1. i get a 500 internal server error when I want to view the /events page in month view. i’ve followed tribe’s the trouble guide but still have it. i’ve renewed the .htaccess file. contact the hosting company but they couldn’t find anything. what can it be?

2. every recurring event i make keeps duplicating!
    my settings are custom > Every 1 Week(s) on: W | Th | F | Sa | Su or
    custom > daily every 4 days
    i’ve tried: changing time zone, change city, Merge Duplicate Recurring Events, etc. no result. How can this be solved?
    I have this problem on two different sites on different servers. 1 has a total clean instal, the other started after updating wp and event calendar.

hope to hear soon from you.
    t

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for reaching out to us.

This only happens on month view correct? If so can you tell me how many events you have approximately for this current month you are trying to view?

I mean, because our Month View is currently the slowest and we are aware of it, so we are already working to make it better.

My Best Regards,

Thomas Dahm
    Participant

Hi Gustavo,
    yes, it happens in month view, but also in week view.
    there are more then 20 events this month, recurring and single events.

if i make al list view non of the errors occur. But if i choose a specific date in the list view, i first see the events that started the previous month(s) before events that start lets say today. I want to see all events that are happening but not show the month and events that start today are more important then recurring. Is that possible?

Thanks thomas

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Can you give me a list of which plugins are you currently using and which hosting are you on? I would like to check why that performance issue is happening. It shouldn’t be a problem with that amount of events.

About the NonRecurring events ordering, that is something that our team has in mind, and we will probably allow better control in the near future, but as of right now it’s not possible.

My Best Regards,

Thomas Dahm
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

I can’t see any reason on your plugins for this bug to happen, so I will ask you to try activate your WP_DEBUG so that we can see if that 500 error comes from a PHP error of some sort.

If you don’t know how to Activate your WP_DEBUG, check this article on the WordPress Codex.

My Best Regards,

Thomas Dahm
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

I tried to reproduce this bug in my localhost and this doesn’t happen to me, can you provide me an Administration account so that I can further debug this issue?

If you deliver this administration account to me, please mark it as a Private one so that only you and Tribe members have access to it.

This will speed up things a lot.

My Best Regards,

Thomas Dahm
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Thomas Dahm
    Participant

This reply is private.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

This problem is related to the WPML plugin and the way we setup all the Recurring events.

Unfortunately we are working towards having compatibility with the WPML. You can see this other forum user tried to fix that but it a complex solution:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/solution-for-wpml-events-calendar-pro-recurring-events-compatibility/

I cant promise anything as a release date, but I can say that this in our list of bugs to be solved.

My Best Regards,

Thomas Dahm
    Participant

Hi Gustavo,

your answer isn’t really helpful since the website doesn’t use the WMPL plugin.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Sorry It was my mistake I meant to say it was a problem with the Translation plugin, because of the way it handles the translations.

I mean, try to deactivate the plugin and then update the recurring events, too see the change here you need to update the events while the plugin is deactivated.

My best Regards,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events duplicate massive’ is closed to new replies.