Help Desk

Recurring Events Creating Duplicates

I would like to report the same problem. It can be worked around by selecting the wrong entries in the events view, separating them from the recurring events and then putting them as single events in the trash bin (see result as attached file for an example event – the two wrong entries in the trash bin are marked as exceptions); yet this workaround is time intensive. Looking forward to the fix, thanks!

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-creating-duplicates/

Hello,

I’m sorry that this issue is impacting you as well! We do hope to release a fix for this shortly, although I can’t give you an exact timeline here. I’ve linked this thread to our internal ticket, so as soon as we have an update, we’ll notify you here.

Thanks for your patience as we work on getting this resolved!

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Thank you so much for your work on this and your message. I apologize that we didn’t answer before, as our work processes make us use The Events Calendar mostly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to prepare the week’s edition; we therefore were not able to test thoroughly before. However, it seems that indeed all is well now with the patch applied, both for the resaving process with old events and new recurring events.

Great, I’m glad to hear that everything is working now! If you do run into any further issues, please feel free to open up a new thread.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Recurring Events Creating Duplicates’ is closed to new replies.