Recurring Events Bug That Creates Duplicates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events Bug That Creates Duplicates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    dancepapi
    Participant

Hello. Just upgraded to Events Calendar Pro 3.5 and saw that the software is now creating many duplicates of every recurring event based off the “Create recurring events in advance for # months” preset. In my case I have this set to 4 months. So as time progresses and a recurring event should be created at that 4 month mark, instead of just creating one instance for that recurring event for that day, week or month, the software creates duplicates based on how many events there should normally be in a 4 month period for that particular recurring event…please help.
    Example: http://wpdev.io/dancepapi/events/upcoming/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=3&tribe-bar-search=Kizomba+Mondays+with+Conex%C3%A3o+Kizomba

Casey
    Participant

dancepapi,
    Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Can you try deleting all instances of that recurring event and re-creating it to see if the issue still persists? We recently re-worked how recurring event function, so I’m wondering if there is some recurrence information from 3.4.x still hanging around that’s causing this issue.

Give that a try and let me know what you discover, and if I need to investigate further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

insitemodt
    Participant

I have Events Calendar 3.5.1 and Events Calendar Pro 3.5 and started receiving the same problem yesterday. Had to manually delete many many multiples!!!! Please find solution to this Aprils Fools Bug!!!!

mrjarbenne
    Participant

I’m seeing the same behaviour. The events are listed twice in the Calendar and in the dashboard. The listings have the same URL, so it isn’t that they are necessarily duplicate separate entries, but that they are appearing twice. When you delete the series, both instances disappear.

Here’s a video if that helps show this issue:

Webmaster
    Participant

Thank you insitemodt for posting the video. That is what I am seeing after I have updated to 3.5.1. I don’t want to hijack this thread with further issues, but just to say that I see the same think you are seeing. I wish I had a way to delete the 25K+… yes 25,000 events in my system.

dancepapi
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    The duplicates problem happens to every recurring event. I have over 100 recurring events. I guess I have no choice but to delete and re-enter all of them? This will suck. 🙁

dancepapi
    Participant

Hello again Casey,
    Just spent two whole days deleting and reentering all my recurring events and to my dismay the duplicates problem still persists. I’m sure others are having the same problem. I hope this problem gets a hotfix.

Casey
    Participant

dancepapi,
    Unfortunately, this issue was due to the 3.5 upgrade process getting interrupted while the plugin was updating. We have fixed this in version 3.5.1, but there’s unfortunately no easy way to fix duplicate events. Your best bet would be to revert to a backup prior to updating the plugin, and then upgrade directly from 3.4 to 3.5.1.

Alternatively, you could use a third-party plugin like Bulk Delete to delete all of your Events in order to start from scratch.

Please give one of those options a try and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

dancepapi
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    I just spoke with the wordpress developer helping me out with my site and he said I should ask you for a copy of version 3.4 since he doesn’t have the ability to roll back his server. Is this something you can provide me with? The developer leaves on a trip tomorrow (Tuesday, April 8th) evening for a week so if I could get him access to version 3.4 ASAP that would be awesome. Thank you.

johnmeredith
    Participant

Well this is causing me a major headache also. How do I roll back to a previous backup without impacting on previous news items?

johnmeredith
    Participant

Never mind about my previous post – I am going to crack on and manually fix if I cannot revert to backup. It goes without saying this is a humdinger of a bug that really should have been caught before releasing to the wild. You guys do test recurring event’s do you not?

Casey
    Participant

dancepapi,
    You should be able to access previous versions of the plugin by going to your Downloads page. You’ll notice the dropdown will allow you to select previous versions to download (screenshot).

johnmeredith,
    Please start a new thread so we can help you separately with your issue.

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

dancepapi
    Participant

Thank you for the info/links Casey

dancepapi
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    The WP developer was able to downgrade Events Calendar Pro. Just to confirm – if I delete the duplicates now and then upgrade to 3.5.1 the recurring events problem of creating duplicate instances will be mitigated, right?

Casey
    Participant

dancepapi,
    Yes it should, but as always, perform a complete backup (data and files) before updating any plugins. Let me know if you run into any issues after updating. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events Bug That Creates Duplicates’ is closed to new replies.