Recurring events bug on TEC 4.2.2?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events bug on TEC 4.2.2?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Haime Croeze
    Participant

Hi,

just a heads up. I recently updated my development site to TEC 4.2.2 (Free and Pro) and I started getting issues with adding recurring events. It would start generating a lot of copies of the same event, from the last date of the recurring backward. So eg I would make a recurring event from july 8 2016 every fri till sep 30 2016 and sep 30 2016. sep 23 2016 and sep 16 2016 would suddenly have 15 copies of the same event (while the rest of the fridays in the range would correctly have 1 copy). I deactivated all plugins one-by-one except for TEC, tried the same steps (after deleting the series) and the problem persisted.

I reverted back to TEC 4.2.1 (Free and Pro) through ftp and the problem was solved.

regards,

Haime

George
    Participant

Hey @Haime,

I’m really sorry to hear about this! I cannot recreate issues with recurring events as you describe, but am happy to investigate this so that we can see what’s going on. We do have at least one other report of similar behavior, so there could be a bug in our code.

To help us investigate, can you do the following things?

1. Please share a screenshot of the complete “Time & Date” section of the problematic event on its edit screen. This is the section of the edit-event screen where the recurrence information is located. I know you describe the recurrence in your post above, but seeing the exact configuration is important just to confirm and so that we can recreate things exactly (for testing). As an example of the type of screenshot I am referring to, here is a screenshot of the “Time & Date” section of an event on my own site → https://cloudup.com/csUNd9JZAWY

If you share a screenshot like that, then it will be very helpful!

2. Can you confirm if this issue only seems to affect a certain recurring event, or certain recurring events? Or does it seemingly affect ALL recurring events? If only one event or a few, can you share links to these specific events on your site?

If you can provide these details, it will help us investigate this and work towards a fix. I will test in 4.2.2 and then in the 4.2.1 versions you have downgraded to, and see if I reproduce issues.

Thank you!
    George

George
    Participant

Hi!

About half an hour ago we published version 4.2.2.1 of Events Calendar Pro—this includes a fix for these issues.

Please try updating to this version of Events Calendar Pro (while making sure that your version of The Events Calendar is up-to-date at version 4.2.2, as well).

This should prevent the problem from happening again. If you have many instances of recurring events that you want to delete, I’d recommend searching for a free “bulk deletion” plugin on WordPress.org. There are many options—choose one that looks right to you, and it should help with the process of deleting many events at a time.

Let us know if the update helps!

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events bug on TEC 4.2.2?’ is closed to new replies.