Recurring Events / Buffer

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events / Buffer

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Josh.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kary
    Participant

By default the buffer is 24 months in the past and 24 months in the future to create and keep recurring events. For a church that has events that has daily events that recur every week, I quickly understood the ramifications of this default when 1000’s of events clogged up my backend and database. I have since changed it to 6 months to try and get control of the situation, but it does nothing to actually get rid of the events that were initially created. Your knowledge base states:

Please note that changing these settings will not change event instances that have already been created. It will effect any new events or events instances going forward.

Is there any way to get rid of the 2 years worth of future events for events I’ve already created?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kary,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear about the issues you had with our recurring events. To clarify on the statement you quoted, the modification doesn’t delete the future events that were already created, however it should delete the past events that are older than 6 months.

For the other events you can utilize a bulk delete plugin to delete the events more quickly.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Kary
    Participant

Thanks…I just went ahead and deleted the events in question, emptied my trashcan and started over. Trying to find and delete 100s and 100s of posts would be too much trouble. I’ve got the backend down to a somewhat manageable size now (from 1200+ to just over 400). But thanks for you help.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kary,

No problem. I’m sorry again about the issue here but glad you were able to get it under conrol.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events / Buffer’ is closed to new replies.