Recurring events attendees list shows all purchase data on first date only

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring events attendees list shows all purchase data on first date only

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    4kingdoms
    Participant

Hi

I have Woocommerce on the site above and have uploaded Events calendar, and purchased events calendar pro and uploaded it to the site. I have also purchased woo tickets from you as well and all seem to be functioning.

I have set 5 product tickets in the events section whilst building the recurring daily event.(see any date on the events calendar) adult, child, free, concession and family of 4.

When saving the recurring event all the dates were populated, and the 5 types of tickets created on the event products were on each date as expected.

THE PROBLEM:

When I check the attendees list for the event the only one populated is the first one, even though some of the tickets were purchased after the event date. So the first date in the recurring events was 21st March and tickets bought on the 22nd for the 22nd or a date after that appear on the attendees list for the 21st (I hope this makes sense). All the other attendees lists are empty with zero’s in the top summary box.

How can I ensure that when someone purchases tickets for recurring events it shows in the correct attendees list.

Regards Steve

Josh
    Participant

Hey Steve,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately recurring events are not currently supported with our WooCommerce Tickets plugin. You can see the note in the last paragraph of the ‘What does it do” section here https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-wootickets/.

We are actively pursuing a solution to make this work but it is currently not yet available. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, if there is anything that we can do to assist you in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Josh

Thanks for answering the question.

The site has woocommerce, events calendar, events calendar pro, the venue is open every day from 21st March to 3rd November, the site sells 5 types of entry ticket that are different prices i.e. Adult, child, concession, free and family of 4.

I have created 1 event from 10am to 6.pm on the 21st march and used the recurring tick box and attached the 5 types of ticket products and saved.

This has produced 228 events, one for each day with the product tickets on each event (total products in woocommerce products = 5). The problem as per my original ticket is that all of the purchases shows on the attendees list for the 21st March even though they were bought for dates later than that.

So from your answer it would appear I have to delete the 228 recurring events, then create 228 separate events one by one. And an even greater problem is that due to the way your system works I cannot pull the 5 product tickets into each event, I have to create new tickets for each day which means I have to manually create 1140 ticket products which is nuts.

Is there any way/suggestions/solutions you can come up with to reduce the amount of man hours this will take as I would rather not manually create 22 event pages and on each page create 5 types of ticket product it’s insane.

Regards steve

Josh
    Participant

Hey Steve,

Thanks for following up with us!

Unfortunately, the way the plugin currently functions, you wouldn’t be able to manage the event in the way that you like while having all 228 events using the same 5 products in WooCommerce.

So, the process you describe would be a potential solution. Alternatively, you could create the events and tickets more quickly within a spreadsheet and use a CSV importer to import all of the data. For events, we have a solution built-in under the Events > Settings > Import CSV section of your dashboard. For the WooCommerce Tickets, you could use a solution such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-csvimport/.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Josh

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have created a csv file for the events and tested it with 5 event dates. The events populated the system when imported, however their doesn’t seem to be an area to import the featured image and the ticket header image, so that means I still need to open each event to add the images, unless you have a workaround?

I have created a csv file for the product tickets and imported 5 of 1 type (Adult) one for each event created above. This also worked and the products populated the system.

There does not seem to be a facility to get the products that were imported to attach to each event.

So the first import for events works to a limited degree but all the products have no way to attach to the event, unless I have missed something?

When you open the event, there is only one way of attaching/adding the ticket products and that’s to create each one individually.

Let me know if there is a workaround for this.

Steve

Josh
    Participant

Hey Steve,

Thanks for following up with this status.

For the association between the tickets and the events, the tickets have a custom meta attached to them of “_tribe_wooticket_for_event” which would contain the value of the Event ID for which that ticket is associated. So, when importing, you could add that as a custom meta element for the tickets and import them after you’ve imported the events.

A quick note on these suggestions though. This isn’t an official solution or way of going about this. I’m only offering what I would do if I was in a scenario where I needed to have the number of events and tickets which you’re describing.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi josh

Sounds like a plan, have you tested this at all?

Just to clarify: if the event URL is http://4-kingdoms.co.uk/event/full-day-access-ticket-3004/ then the event ID would be 3004?

The custom meta would be _tribe_wooticket_for_3004

If this is right I would create a csv file and upload using the https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-csvimport/ and add the column “custom meta”?

Thanks Steve

Josh
    Participant

Hey Steve,

For the custom meta, the meta_key is “_tribe_wooticket_for_event” and the meta_value is the associated Event ID. This is what it looks like in phpMyAdmin https://cloudup.com/cp76ew5J6yp.

This isn’t something that I’ve tested at this point. This is just the direction that I would go and this is the associated meta information that is needed for generating the relationship between the tickets and events.

As a side note, we are currently in the process of rethinking our Tickets plugins along with the recurring feature of PRO. We’ve currently got the idea for the feature mocked up (https://cloudup.com/c9qSdeX_i-8) and have it passed along to one of our developers for implementation in an upcoming release.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events attendees list shows all purchase data on first date only’ is closed to new replies.