Recurring Events are not being generated

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events are not being generated

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Sky
    Keymaster

Marc,

I believe I have found the issue.

It appears that WP Cron is disabled, at least on the test installation you have provided for me. You will need to enable this for the automated event creation and cleanup to work. Most likely this is set in the wp-config.php, but your host may being doing something different here. But if you have access, look for the DISABLE_WP_CRON constant being set and change it to false.

define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', false);

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

3mediaweb
    Participant

Hello,

I had disabled it in order to test an external cron service easycron.com but experienced the same result so I just enabled the cron in WP.

I used your test of changing the “Create recurring events in advance for” from 6 months to 7 months and then manually ran the “tribe-recurrence-cron” job and then checked and it did not generate any more events even though it said “Successfully executed the cron event tribe-recurrence-cron”.

I then manually edited the event and clicked Update and then it created additional events. So it looks like the cron is not doing anything but manually updating the event is.

Sky
    Keymaster

Marc,

I see. I downloaded a DB dump from the test site, and I’m going to recreate the site locally so I can look at things more in depth, and get some other eyes on it if necessary.

Thank you for your patience. I’ll let you know by tomorrow wether I have figured anything out.

Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Marc,

We are going to take a look at the DB dump, but this will take longer than our normal support turn-around.

Thanks again for your patience, and we’ll let you know as soon as we know anything.

Thanks,
    Sky

3mediaweb
    Participant

Hi Sky,

Are there any updates on this issue?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I have created a bug ticket for your issue and included the database dump. Someone is looking through it to see if they can find anything that could be causing the problem. As you can imagine, this may be a bit challenging.

I have not heard back anything yet, but I will check into it again today.

Thanks,

Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Mark,

This is still being looked at. Just wanted to let you know we didn’t forget about you.

Thanks,
    Sky

Barry

This reply is private.

3mediaweb
    Participant

Hi Barry and Sky,

I have downloaded a copy of the file, so please feel free to remove it now if needed.

We will go over your suggestions and apply them where possible to see if this can be resolved. We very much appreciate your work on troubleshooting this issue for us.

Sky
    Keymaster

Mark,

I removed the link.

Thanks again for all of your patience on this.

Take care,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events are not being generated’ is closed to new replies.