Recurring events and ticket amounts

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Recurring events and ticket amounts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ellen
    Participant

For the past year I’ve been manually adding events for each tour. Today I saw there’s a reoccurring option and that would save me a ton of time but I’m not clear on how to properly set it up.

I have the events showing correctly in the calendar (I started reoccurring 8/6/2016 forward).

My problem is knowing what date the customer purchases. In the past if I did 8/6 I’d name the product “8/6 beer tour” so when it sold I saw the name. When I do reoccurring I named the product “Sat beer tour” hoping somewhere else I could see the date. That isn’t working and now I can figure out what day they purchased. Is there a way to link the product name to the event date? Or another work around?

The other issue is if I limit to 18 tickets it links to all dates. So if I sell one 8/6 it drops every other day to 17 left.

I assume this is possible and I’m just doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for your help!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ellen,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately tickets aren’t currently supported for recurring events in this way. The tickets created for a recurring event apply to all events within that series. So if 18 tickets are available and 1 is sold, there should only be 17 available for every date within the series (as you experienced above).

I apologize for the inconvenience here. If you have any further questions about this one please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Ellen
    Participant

Ok, then. Can I have it so that the email alert actually shows which day they’re rsvp’ing for is? I’m entering {event_start_datetime} and it’s just showing {event_start_datetime} and not an actual date…

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ellen,

Thanks for following up with us.

You can try adding the following to your theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'event_tickets_email_include_start_date', 'tec_include_start_date' );
    function tec_include_start_date() {
    return true;
    }

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Ellen
    Participant

Well that was great. It crashed the entire website!! What am I supposed to do now? sincitybrewtours.com

Ellen
    Participant

I just did a godaddy site restore but my problem is still not fixed.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ellen,

Sorry about the issues when trying to add the snippet. The snippet shouldn’t cause an issue on your site. It was most likely due the placement within the functions file. Take a quick look at this tutorial that may help. You could also take advantage of a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/code-snippets/.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events and ticket amounts’ is closed to new replies.