Recurring Events and Custom WP_Query

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events and Custom WP_Query

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a custom query on my homepage displaying the most recent posts from post type => tribe_events and orderby => date …… It displays the events correctly, however it doesn’t display the ones that are “recurring” . Even if I seperate one of the recurring events out as a single event, it still doesn’t show in this loop query I have.

Are recurring posts given a different post type? Not sure why it’s not able to display the recurring event posts in this loop. Here’s the query I have currently – http://pastebin.com/PAMFd2xK

Brian
    Participant

Also, yes, the recurring events all have a category designation of “Homepage Slider” which is what I am using in my query.

Anyone with any help would be great, thanks

Hey Brian,

I asked john, one of our devs to reply.

John

Hi Brian,
    Couple things. One – the event categories are a custom taxonomy (tribe_events_cat), not the normal categories. Also, you might have better luck if you use the sp_get_events() template tag instead of building the query (its just a thin wrapper around get_posts). Let me know if this doesn’t help.

Brian
    Participant

Thanks for your reply John. Can’t seem to get it working using sp_get_events()

Can you post a small sample query and loop that you’d recommend using please?

Thanks

Brian
    Participant

I ended up using the following: http://pastebin.com/iiCKxspQ

It’s working well now

Thanks

Adam
    Participant

Brian,

I’m trying to do the same thing, though I’m not sure what to do with your code. Would you mind posting your whole query?

Thanks.

Adam
    Participant

Actually, I got it to work. Thanks.

Rob

Glad to see you guys got this taken care of. Will be useful for others coming to do a search here for related issues down the road.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events and Custom WP_Query’ is closed to new replies.