Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

All of my recurring events are now displaying 404’s after your last brilliant update. I am so tired of this shit. Look at say Neighborhood Policing on 7/20/2017 or find a City Council meeting. They show in the calendar view but now the event will not show. I really cannot properly express my disgust.

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Since it was just recurring events and you seem incapable of not breaking these weekly, I had my hosting provider restore my site to 7/12/2017 and sure enough, all of my recurring events now open correctly. Perhaps this is the time for me to migrate to another calendar. I really don’t time to baby sit this recurring rule problem you can’t seem to be capable of fixing.

Patricia

Hi Thomas,

I’m very sorry about this issue you experienced. Last week we released the latest versions of The Events Calendar (TEC) and Events Calendar Pro (ECP) with a permalink update for recurring events (the permalink logic was removed from TEC and implemented on ECP instead). Please make sure both plugins are up to date: TEC version 4.5.8 and ECP version 4.4.14.

If both plugins are up-to-date and the issue persists, please access your Dashboard and head over to Settings > Permalinks for a permalink flush (no need to change anything, just visit the permalinks page).

If you need anything else in the meantime, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

And this time the update works just fine. Your total lack of quality control
    and poor documentation of update procedures are maddening. I am scared to
    death to install one of your updates. I just can’t live like this. I went
    thru hours of hell because of that change with little more than a 3 day wait
    from you for a fricking flippant response with a simple fix. You folks do
    not grasp the impact your “oh shucks” has on a site and the developers. Your
    support is pitifully slow. There has to be a better way for you to do
    business of I need another solution.

Patricia

Hi Thomas,

I’m really sorry to hear that you are not having a nice experience with our products. It’s
    always a bummer to see our customers disappointed.

In this specific case, some of our customers have experienced the same problem as you did because the permalinks didn’t flush after the plugins update as expected, and the solution was pretty simple indeed.

Regarding the response time, according to our Forum Guidelines, we can take 24h-48h (during the week) to respond to a post. In your specific case, the initial reply came after ~33 hours. Generally it’s significantly faster than that, but last week was pretty intense. I’m sorry for any frustration our response time may have caused.

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to
    help as best I can.

Regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.