Recurring Events 404 Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events 404 Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    audaciouscreate
    Participant

Hi. There seems to be a major issue concerning the recurring events. I know I am not the only person to have run into this issue. I run a site that allows users to view and book onto fortnightly networking meetings and so it’s imperative the users can view individual meetings and book their place. The first lot of meetings work exactly as they should but every recurring meeting is met with a 404 Error and the URL /all. I’ve refreshed my permalinks to no avail. I only downloaded both Calendar plugins in the last 48 hours so I know they are the most recent as is my version of WP. I bought the Pro version because of the ability to have recurring events – and I’m extremely frustrated this doesn’t work as it should. Have I done something wrong in the settings or is this a more serious issue? Please help as I need to get this section of the site live as soon as possible. NOTE: the official page will be /meetings once we’ve ironed this out but I’ve been testing it on /event-test in the meantime. Thanks

audaciouscreate
    Participant

I’ve done some more testing and set up a brand new site with the 2 plugins and it seems to work fine. I’ve uploaded my theme and it works well too. The interesting thing I have noted is that when, in Google Chrome, I roll over a recurring event the correct URL appears in the panel in the bottom left-hand corner. However, when I click on the event the actual url is http://vibrant-network.co.uk/all/. What’s going on and what do I need to do? Any thoughts. Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

audaciouscreate,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Could you try testing for conflicts and let me know what you discover? I suspect that this might be an issue related to your theme or a plugin conflict, but want to confirm before troubleshooting further.

Thanks! šŸ™‚

-Casey-

audaciouscreate
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thanks for getting back to me. It doesn’t appear to be a conflict with anything. I’ve deactivated all the plugins, cleared the cache and I’m still getting the same results.
    Thanks
    Stu

audaciouscreate
    Participant

Casey – one thing i’ve just realised is that i’m using a slightly older version of my theme. will update and let you know if that changes anything.
    Stu

audaciouscreate
    Participant

Hi Casey – I’ve updated my theme and I still get this http://vibrant-network.co.uk/all/ when I click on any recurring event.

Casey
    Participant

Can you try temporarily reverting to the default 2013 theme to see if this issue persists? I suspect that this is an issue with your theme, but just want to narrow it down a bit before troubleshooting further.

audaciouscreate
    Participant

Hi Casey. I set up a test WP site with just both plugins and the calendars worked perfectly with the default theme and the theme I’m using for the Vibrant site.

audaciouscreate
    Participant

am more than happy to set you up as a user on the site if it will help.

audaciouscreate
    Participant

Hi – this is still a current issue and needs resolving urgently. It’s been 2 days since I did all the conflict tests and I still have this problem. Please can someone help. Thank you.

Casey
    Participant

audaciouscreate,
    Thanks for being patient! Our support staff was limited over the Holiday weekend, but we’re back at full capacity today. šŸ™‚

Hi Casey. I set up a test WP site with just both plugins and the calendars worked perfectly with the default theme and the theme Iā€™m using for the Vibrant site.

Your reply here makes me think that you were able to resolve your issue. Is that not the case?

If you’re still having issues, could you visit the Permalink Settings page, confirm everything there is correct and hit update? That might help to refresh the rewrite rules table. With that done, see if the page is accessible as expected.

Thanks! šŸ™‚

-Casey-

audaciouscreate
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thanks for the reply and I hope you enjoyed the Holiday weekend.

I set up the test WP site to see if there was a clash between the theme and the plugin – which there doesn’t appear to be as it works perfectly on the test site but not on the Vibrant site.
    I’ve reset the permalinks and reset the cache and I still get the 404 error on all recurring events.

When you roll over an event (in Chrome) the URL in the bottom left-hand corner shows exactly as it should: vibrant-network.co.uk/event/venue/date but when you click any recurring event the URL is vibrant-network.co.uk/all

Does that make sense? Does that help. As I said – more than happy to give you access to the site.

Casey
    Participant

So, if everything is working correctly on the test site, then that tells me that there’s something on your production site that is conflicting. When you set up the Test site did you copy over all of the data & files from your production site, so that you have an exact replica to test from?

audaciouscreate
    Participant

on the test site i installed the plugin first to check it worked out of the box. and it did.
    then I installed the theme to see if it worked which is did.
    so i then (effectively) cloned the rest of the site and it worked fine.
    what i’m tempted to do is delete the plugin from the production site and reinstall it from scratch to see if that sorts it out.

Casey
    Participant

So, you took a database dump from your production site to use on your test site? If not, then I would suggest doing that as it will give you the most accurate results for testing. If you still have the issue after this, then we know that something is amiss with your Events-related data and can troubleshoot further. Thanks! šŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events 404 Error’ is closed to new replies.