Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

I found a similar issue to what I was having:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-and-daylight-savings-time/

However, I don’t have the plugin mentioned installed, so I went through deactivating plugins and none seemed to resolve the issue. I was wondering if there were any other known plugin issues (or theme issues).

Thank you,
    Anthony

Geoff B.

Good evening Anthony and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the DTS offset issue you have been experiencing with recurring events.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Thank you for trying to deactivate all other plugins.
    You are right, it could also be caused by a theme conflict, but there are other possible causes as well:

• The server itself, as my colleague Brook pointed out
    • The timezone settings for your WordPress installation AND the Events Calendar
    • The settings above when the recurring events were created

To begin, here are the next steps I would suggest:

1. Trying to see if the issue persists with a default WordPress theme such as Twenty-Fifteen
    2. Sending us a screenshot of both your WordPress and the Events Calendar timezone settings
    3. Running the piece of code my colleague Brook recommended: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11770730/date-default-timezone-setutc-not-working/20943645#20943645

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Trying to see if the issue persists with a default WordPress theme such as Twenty-Fifteen
    This has been done and the issue is there too. Screenshot attached (Note see Religious Education, it is recurring and appears twice with different time in the screenshot).
    http://designbigdreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/time-shift-NOTE-Religious-Education.png

Sending us a screenshot of both your WordPress and the Events Calendar timezone settings
    Screenshots attached.
    http://designbigdreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Tribe-Time-Settings.png
    http://designbigdreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/WordPress-Time-Settings.png

Running the piece of code my colleague Brook recommended: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11770730/date-default-timezone-setutc-not-working/20943645#20943645
    These are the results: 2016-03-03 14:47:50 UTC 2016-03-03 14:47:50 UTC

Geoff B.

Good evening Anthony,

Thank you for running all the requested tests.

Based on the screenshot of the timezone settings, could you please try changing the Tribe timezone setting to “Use local timezone for each event” and let me know if that changes anything ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Geoff,

That did not have any effect. Sorry.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Geoff B.

Good evening Anthony,

Hmmm, sorry that did not work out for you 🙁
    But thank you for trying.

It might also be worth trying to switch the WordPress timezone to UTC -6 instead of Chicago (that has proven to work for some of our users).

Also, and I apologize if this seems like an obvious question, did you make sure your turned off and emptied the Cache provided by wp-engine when running the previous test ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

I double checked clearing my caches. That had no effect. I did change the timezone to be -6 UTC and that did not work as well.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Geoff B.

Good evening Anthony,

Thank you for running all the tests.

Based on these results, I am adding this thread to a bug ticket to ensure our Dev team provides a fix for it. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned!

In the meantime, the only work around I can think of would be to edit the faulty recurring events manually (to display the proper time).

I am very sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused you so far.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

No worries, I understand bugs take time. Is there anyway to get updated whenever this is fixed (and I am more than happy to help in any way I can)?

Thank you,
    Anthony

Geoff B.

Good evening Anthony,

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Yes, I forgot to mention that you will indeed automatically be contacted as soon as the fix is available 🙂

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We weren’t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. We’ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Brook
    Participant

I just wanted to thank you once again for reaching out to us about this. We just released a new version of The Events Calendar and all of its addons that contains a fix for this.

Our blog post with the full details: The Events Calendar 4.1.4 and premium add-ons

We recommend updating as soon as you can to get the latest patches. Please let us know if this fixes the bug you have been experiencing or if you have any follow up questions. Thank you again!

– Brook

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Brook,

Thank you for this update. I just looked at the blog post, and I didn’t see anything that clearly addressed the issue here. Was that overlooked, or was this bug actually not fixed?

Thank you,
    Anthony

Geoff B.

Good evening Anthony,

Thank you for writing back.

According to our logs, the fix for issues between recurring events and DST was indeed part of the recent update.
    If you are not finding this to resolve your issue after updating (re-saving) your permalinks, please let us know.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.