Recurring Events – 12 events all the same except the last half

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events – 12 events all the same except the last half

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Recurring Events – 12 events all the same except the last 6. the last 6 events in our recurring event list have different times and are off by 1 hour. Possible bug? Not sure how to correct this

screenshot https://www.evernote.com/l/AAKmcg9jQqpJP7Yeohhja1nBoBYvmAtDZHg

Barry

Hi John,

Sorry to hear you’ve hit up against a problem.

Would this happen to coincide with the shift from Mountain Standard Time to Mountain Daylight Time and, for the avoidance of any doubt, can you confirm what your WordPress timezone setting is (as found in Settings → General)?

Can you also confirm if you see the same thing with other recurring event patterns and perhaps even determine if it is indeed connected to the threshold between standard and daylight saving time?

Interestingly I am unable to replicate a similar thing on my local test site, but I’d love to hear more about your own findings.

Thanks!

John
    Participant

I does coinside with the shift in daylight savings. The event is still at 10:30 whether it’s daylight savings or not. Is there a way I can turn this off?

Barry

OK – would it be possible for you to modify your timezone setting from America/Denver to the matching numeric/offset timezone (ie UTC-7 or whatever is appropriate) and does that help as an interim solution?

John
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi John,

That finding (where they are off by 2hrs) is particularly odd and I’m finding that I cannot replicate that aspect.

Setting the event’s local timezone to UTC-7 however (as opposed to changing the WP timezone setting) does seem to work for me as a workaround for the first problem.

Regardless, there’s clearly a bug here and I’ve logged this for further attention. Of course, we’ll do our best to post an update as soon as a fix is available.

Thanks for your patience in the interim!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We weren’t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. We’ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Brook
    Participant

I just wanted to thank you once again for reaching out to us about this. We just released a new version of The Events Calendar and all of its addons that contains a fix for this.

Our blog post with the full details: The Events Calendar 4.1.4 and premium add-ons

We recommend updating as soon as you can to get the latest patches. Please let us know if this fixes the bug you have been experiencing or if you have any follow up questions. Thank you again!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events – 12 events all the same except the last half’ is closed to new replies.