Recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    swingcal
    Participant

When adding a recurring event to the calendar the event shows up on the correct day and time for the first event. Every other event shows up on the next week day. (for example when recurring on Monday the first event will be correct, but every one after will be on Tuesday and the times will be different).

I have tried deactivating the other plugins.
    I have tried changing the time zone and date order in Settings- General.
    I have tried removing and re-adding the events.

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

I was able to find an example on your site and suspect that this may be the result of a conflict. I do appreciate you noted having tried some troubleshooting steps already – but just for the avoidance of doubt can I ask you to review our complete troubleshooting steps and ensure you ran through them in their entirety?

To the best of my knowledge, this particular issue has only been cropping up where another plugin (or a theme) has modified the default timezone for PHP (as opposed to WordPress).

Thanks!

swingcal
    Participant

Thank you so much!
    It definitely is the plugin The Events Calendar Category Colors
    Version: 3.6.4
    Author: Andy Fragen, Barry Hughes
    When I try to add in a new recurring event, the event now not only is on each day, there are now multiple events created in days.
    I have removed the plugin for now, but it is really hard to understand the calendar without some form of colour coding. I’d have to make three different calendars on our website for different types of events.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks again for your help!

swingcal
    Participant

Ok so I was working in adding and editing events this evening and the recurring events again started to add dates the current first time, but every next time after a day later. I did not re-add the category colours plugin. but I had updates my theme to WordPress 4.0 running Twenty Thirteen theme.
    I ran through the whole process again…and found when I have the plugin
    WP Statistics
    Version 7.2 | By Mostafa Soufi & Greg Ross
    running it was happening.
    So I have now removed the events category colours and the WP statistics plugins and they recurring events are now working.

I’m wondering if it is having the plugins or running through the steps and removing my Caches?

Barry

OK – so based on what you’re telling me I suspect this is indeed an issue with WP Statistics rather than Category Colors – and I can indeed see that WP Statistics modifies the default timezone setting, which is a known source of this problem.

WordPress itself always sets the timezone to UTC, which is what Events Calendar PRO expects, so when other plugins/themes decide to modify this to something other than the WordPress default it can unfortunately cause an amount of confusion especially when date-based calculations are made (as happens when recurring events are generated).

We are investigating making some changes to better tolerate this sort of situation but in the meantime I can really only recommend you use something other that WP Statistics (and perhaps ask the authors if this is truly necessary) or – though admittedly a bit of a pain – you deactivate it when creating recurring events and reactivate afterwards.

Does that help at all?

Barry

…One other thing that is worth a try is adding this snippet to your theme’s functions.php file – I can’t offer any promises, but it might allow you to run WP Statistics and Events Calendar PRO together without hitting this problem.

swingcal
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Thanks for your help. I am not as concerned about the WP Statistics. I really need the events to come up on the correct days. I have added the Events Category Colours back in and things seem to be running fine now.
    Hopefully just removing the one plugin works!
    thanks

Barry

Awesome 🙂

Leah

Hello,

I just wanted to update you here and let you know that we have a fix for the issue you reported in our upcoming release. Thank you for bringing it to our attention! Keep an eye out for an update coming soon. If you are still experiencing issues after the update, please start a new thread and we’d be happy to look into it. Thank you for your patience and support while we got this corrected.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events’ is closed to new replies.