Recurring Event URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event URL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cliff
    Participant

The default slug for an event (e.g. example.com/recurringevent) used to redirect to something helpful—now it seems to redirect to the first event in the series, which will show that the event is passed when past the first date. Can I set it to automatically redirect to /all, or, better yet, redirect to the next instance of the event?

Casey D

Hello mtbethel,

Thanks for contacting us.

This is unusual behavior. Out of the box, it should redirect to /all.

Could I get a specific link to where this is happening?

Can you please confirm that after executing these combined steps in order, the problem still exists?

1. Deactivate ALL plugins
    2. Change theme to TwentytwelveTwentythirteen or Twentyfourteen
    3. Activate The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro
    4. Save your permalinks in WP-Admin > Settings > Permalinks

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Cliff
    Participant

Confirmed.

Note that /event/recurringevent redirects to all, but /recurringevent is unpredictable. It seems to go to a random instance of the event.

Casey D

Hello mtbethel,

Sorry I misunderstood!

The default slug for the series is /event/the-event-name/, which redirects to /event/the-event-name/all/.

I’m not sure what the intended functionality of the /the-event-name/ with no /event/ is. Mapping to the first event, expired or not, seems appropriate as it is the earliest slug in that series. This probably changed in version 3.5 when we updated our recurring event schema.

There isn’t an out of the box solution for changing this behavior, and I’m not sure custom mapping would be very feasible without some serious hacking of the plugin.

If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Cliff
    Participant

Ok, then. Thanks!

Casey D

Hello mtbethel,

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event URL’ is closed to new replies.