Recurring event & tickets warning message – please explain

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Recurring event & tickets warning message – please explain

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vbt
    Participant

I am sorry, but I do not entirely understand your warning message:
    This is a recurring event. If you add tickets they will only show up on the next upcoming event in the recurrence pattern. The same ticket form will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.

will only show up on the next upcoming event in the recurrence > Does that mean that there is one (the first) event without tickets? How would I work with that? Delete that event?

Please configure your events accordingly What do you want to tell me with that? I do want all events in one series to have the same tickets. If that is all you mean by “accordingly” then I am fine.

Geoff B.

Good evening Andreas and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Does that mean that there is one (the first) event without tickets? How would I work with that? Delete that event?

What is going on is that we do not offer complete support for Event Tickets Plus while using recurring events. At least not yet.

The only scenario we currently support is that ALL of your events in the recurring series will share the same pool of tickets. In other words, each event does not get distinct tickets.

In some cases, that works. But definitely not for everybody.

Known workarounds are:

1. You create several tickets, one for each date in the series. You can even add an end sale date to each of them so that they disappear when the event date is met.
    2. You create your series and then break all events from that series. This essentially creates a bunch of single events. That will provide you with the ability to add different tickets to each event. The obvious downside is that these are no longer part of a series.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

vbt
    Participant

This reply is private.

vbt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

vbt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

vbt
    Participant

Is there a knowledgebase article about known limitations of your paid-for add-ons?

Not being able to use tickets with recurring events seems to me a pretty big limitation.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Andreas,

Is there a knowledgebase article about known limitations of your paid-for add-ons?

That is a great question.
    Whenever there is an important limitation, we typically use the products page itself for that.

In the case of Event Tickets Plus versus recurring events, you can see it here: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-event-tickets-plus/ under “What does it do?”

All of that to say that although we are currently working on this functionality (now that the Tickets platform has been rebuilt and launched), for now unfortunately, unless you can craft a customization, the only known workarounds are the ones mentioned here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-event-tickets-warning-message-please-explain/#post-1387707

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event & tickets warning message – please explain’ is closed to new replies.