Recurring Event Setup

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Recurring Event Setup

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    Participant

Hi, I would like to list a recurring event that happens every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sunday of the month. Is there a way to do that? I tried to list it as “every week” on 1, 3, 5 weeks, but that didn’t work. Any suggestions? BTW, my readers (and I!) love ECP. 🙂

Rob

Hi Kathleen. This is an interesting request; as it stands, it looks like, these are outside the recurrence patterns allowed by the plugin. We are planning on extending how recurrence operates in a future build, though, and I’ve added this to the list of ways it could be extended. Thanks for the tip – and apologies that I couldn’t offer up more here. Until then it seems the best solution would be to “fake it” via a couple separate recurrence patterns simulating one.

Kathleen
    Participant

Hi Rob. Thank you. It would be great to have that recurrence option of 1st & 3rd or 2nd & 4th “Sunday” or whatever day of the week. My website socalkidssandiego.com is event driven and ECP is the main plugin for the site. Thanks again!

Rob

Thanks, Kathleen – duly noted. I’ve added this to our existing ticket on the matter so we have a point of reference as we jump into 2.1. Let me know what else we can do!

Justin
    Participant

This is also something I’m looking for… I have events that are scheduled for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Tuesday of each month — yes, the 5th week doesn’t come around every month, but as it stands now, for those months when it does, I cannot include an event for it.

Justin
    Participant

Sorry for a second post… But, multiple recursion options for a single event would also be fantastic! I have one event that occurs on the 2nd and 4th weeks of every month — for now, I have two events created, one for each week. Unless I am missing a way to do this?

Rob

Hey Justin. Thanks for the suggestions here; very good to hear. You are correct that the current recurrence functionality will not allow for this, but patterns like the one in your second message particularly are on the books for 2.1.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event Setup’ is closed to new replies.