Recurring Event Off an Hour

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event Off an Hour

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

I have set a recurring event to run from 12:30-1:30 each week. Once it hits daylight savings time it changes that time to 1:30-2:30. I have the timezone set in the wordpress settings and the event settings. How do I get this so it shows the correct time?

Cliff

Hi Rachel.

Sorry you’re running into this known bug. I know it’s something they’re working on to fix soon.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Hello Cliff,

We are suffering from this one as well. Any chance there’s a temporary fix that can be applied until the official release comes out?

Thanks.

Cliff

At this point, I believe it should make it in our next release on or about November 2. We normally don’t give such precise estimates (and I cannot guarantee this date) but I know this is a very time-sensitive bug. Unfortunately, there’s no code snippet / quick fix available. I hope it works well for you once released. Thanks for your patience.

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Thanks for the info Cliff. Much appreciated.

Cliff

You’re welcome. I’m doing all I can for you and others to make sure it gets released before DST. 🙂

Geoff

Hi Rachel (and Dan).

We wanted to let you know that we were unable to get a fix for this issue in the latest maintenance release that we shipped this week. Our team did spend a considerable amount of time looking into the issue of Daylight Savings Time not being taken into consideration with an iCal file export but were unable to replicate the issue after many repeated and individual tests.

We are still interested in pinpointing why the behavior exists in this case but it will take some more digging to properly diagnose whether the issue exists in all cases before we can plan a release for a solution.

In the meantime, we would really appreciate it if you would update your plugins to the latest versions and test whether the issue persists. If it does, then it would be great if you could run through the steps outlined in this guide and let us know if you notice and difference in behavior when your site (or a separate test site, ideally) is in a default WordPress environment.

Thanks so much for bearing with us while we work on this together.

Geoff

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Geoff,

Thanks for the update.

Our problem wasn’t with iCal exports but with recurring events that spanned across the time change. Events before the time change are fine but their associated event after the time change show as hour later.

Cliff

Dan, sorry for the mixup there. This thread was assigned to a bug that we ultimately couldn’t reproduce and therefore these follow-up notifications from Geoff came through. Although the content of his message (regarding iCal file export) wasn’t applicable to this thread, the result is the same: we tried to reproduce several different DST-related bugs that you and 7 other threads reported but we realized they weren’t all the same bug and we weren’t able to reproduce your bug.

All that being said, I know this isn’t pleasant news and I apologize for the miscommunication. I can confirm, though, that multiple team members worked on this, including myself, and so I know a lot of effort went into trying to reproduce and discover any and all DST-related bugs but we weren’t able to on our vanilla setups with WordPress, our plugins, and Twenty Sixteen theme. We tried multiple time zone settings and were eager to reproduce it because it’s a nasty result, but we weren’t able to.

Therefore, to move forward, please provide step-by-step instructions on a fresh install of WordPress, TEC, TEC PRO, and Twenty Sixteen. If we can reproduce it, we will surely fix it. Thanks for your understanding and effort here. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Thanks Cliff,

I didn’t mean to step on Rachel’s question if her issue was related to the iCal export.
    I took your advice and started from scratch. I’m able to reproduce the issue but since this one may be just us, I’ll start a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks again.

Cliff

Perfect. Thanks, Dan.

Rachel, please update me here or create a new thread if you feel that would be easier for you.

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event Off an Hour’ is closed to new replies.