Recurring Event issue in category feed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event issue in category feed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    inikosoft
    Participant

Hello,
    A couple of weeks ago I connected with support because recurring events were not showing on following months, only current months. That issue was fixed in the last update but there are still issues. The events are showing on the calendar views now but the feed is still having issues. I took our site and copied it to the staging area so that I could turn off all plugins but The Events Calendar and switched the theme to a default WordPress theme. You’ll see that all Mondays in November are showing practice on the calendar view but these are missing in the feed, which is making our RSS feed incorrect.

Site: https://kehillah.staging.wpengine.com/calendar/category/athletics/girls-basketball/2017-11/?tribe_events_cat=girls-basketball&tribe-bar-date=2017-11

Feed: https://kehillah.staging.wpengine.com/calendar/category/athletics/girls-basketball/feed/

Cliff

Hi. Everything looks to be working fine to me. Here’s what I see:

Please let me know if there’s something I’m missing.

inikosoft
    Participant

The dates in your screenshot for your feed are written in. I’m not sure what you are using to see the dates on the feed you’re looking at since I don’t see any dates listed except for the ones you’ve placed onto the image. If you click the RSS feed link I gave you (the feed that is coming directly from the website), you’ll see that the Mondays in November are missing… for instance, November 6th is not on the feed page at all but you see it on the calendar. Please click the feed link that shows the feed directly from the site and shows the dates in the code.

inikosoft
    Participant

Please ignore the “Correct Answer” submission. The button was a question and I clicked it so I could select “no”… apparently it’s not actually a question and a submission that the post reply was correct, which it was not.

Cliff

Here’s a GIF of me viewing your link in my Chrome browser, which has an RSS previewer to make it easier to read RSS feeds: https://cl.ly/3a083l392h3Z

I hovered over each item in your feed to show you the dates (bottom-left corner) of each item.

inikosoft
    Participant

Ah yes, I see that now. I just connected with the site owner and it looks like it was the reader that was the issue. They tried a different RSS reader and everything was showing just fine. When we looked at the feed page and the dates we were looking at were publish dates, not event dates, so that is why we weren’t seeing Nov 6th. It appears it is actually working correctly. Thanks for clearing that up! 🙂

Cliff

No problem. Thanks for letting us know! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event issue in category feed’ is closed to new replies.