Recurring event in list doesn’t show correct start date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring event in list doesn’t show correct start date

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Wagner
    Participant

Sorry, this is a repost. Jumping back into solving this.

The issue only occurs in the List view. I have settings set for displaying only the first occurrence of a recurring event in the list view which works but the date is wrong. It should list the first date of the event but instead has a date within the date range. I need this to show the first date. It is a recurring event that has a custom recurrence. The event is Mon-Fri from 6:30-7:30 for a month. The event in question starts on Sept 1st but shows Sept 25th as the date. Any ideas?

Jesse Wagner
    Participant

The above post is the old post. I am still running into this with other new recurring events. Here is a screenshot of one of the recurring settings.
    http://www.glowingbody.net/wp-content/uploads/gb-recurringsettings.jpg

Jesse Wagner
    Participant

This is the start date page of one of the events in question.

Early Morning Beginner Series with Kim Lomonaco

Again, it shows up correctly in all views except list mode where the start date is October 14th instead of October 7th.

Geoff

Hey there, Jesse! Thanks for checking back in and sending a screenshot. That’s super helpful. 🙂

I was able to see the issue you’re referring to on your site and have a hunch it might be the result of a conflict with either the theme or another plugin. I do see you’ve noted that you have tried some troubleshooting steps (thanks for doing that!)–but just to be on the safe side and to cover all our bases, will you please read our guide on testing for conflicts and confirm you’ve run through all the steps? I’d really appreciate that!

The other times I have seen this sort of issue pop up is where another plugin or theme has modified the default timezone via PHP rather than in WordPress. Hopefully testing for conflicts will point us in the right direction.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Jesse Wagner
    Participant

Thanks Geoff! I will give this a go and let you know what comes up.

Jesse Wagner
    Participant

Ok, went through the steps for testing for conflicts. With all plugins off except Event Cal/Event Cal Pro and theme set to Twenty Thirteen, the list view still displayed the wrong start date. How would I go about checking for date/timezone conflicts?

Geoff

Thanks so much for testing! I really appreciate that. 🙂

Let’s try updating/flushing out your current time zone settings. Will you please head over to Settings > General (or [yoursite]/wp-admin/options-general.php) and change Timezone to a city in Eastern Time (like New York). Even if it’s already set to an Eastern Time, go ahead and hit “Save Changes” and let me know if that fixes the issue.

If it doesn’t fix it, would you be willing to send login credentials for me to go in and take a look? If you do, please mark your reply as private.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Jesse Wagner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks Jesse! I was able to log in and take a look.

Everything looks sound on your end. You’ve reverted to TwentyThirteen, deactivated plugins, updated settings and are still seeing the issue, so I want to have one of our developers take a look to see what’s going on.

If you could keep that those login credentials active while our dev is looking into it, that would be great. I’ll check back in and let you know what we find.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Jesse Wagner
    Participant

Thanks Geoff. I’ll keep the user active till I hear otherwise.

Geoff

Hey there, Jesse!

I just saw that there is a fix for this on the way and it will be coming up in next release, which is coming out very soon. Thanks again for letting me poke around your site. You can delete the credentials. 🙂

We’ll do our best to update this thread once the new release is out so please do continue to monitor this thread for updates.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to work on this issue for our upcoming 3.8 release. Keep an eye out on your site for an update announcement! If you update and are still seeing this problem, please post a new thread so we can check it out. Thank you for your patience while we got this fix in place.

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event in list doesn’t show correct start date’ is closed to new replies.