Recurring Event – Every 3 Months Making Monthly Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event – Every 3 Months Making Monthly Events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

-Here’s the link to the website-
    -And here’s a link to the event in question-

My client is trying to create a recurring event that happens on the first of the month, every 3 months. Under Event Series, it reads as:
    Monthly
    Every 3 Months
    On the Same Day
    At the Same Time
    Series Ends: Never

When the event processes, it shows as recurring on the first of every concurrent month, with no gaps. It should happen in February, then May. I can’t seem to fix this.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Thanks for reaching out! I just tested this out and was able to recreate the issue on my end. The issue seems to only happen when the event is set to repeat “on the same day”. I have logged this as a bug internally so that our development team can look into it. This thread is linked to our internal ticket, so as soon as we have an update, we’ll let you know here.

I did notice that if you set exclusions for the in-between months, they will not show up on the calendar. As a workaround for the time being, you may want to try that (I know it’s a bit tedious!), or you could also select “Once” instead of “Monthly” and manually set the dates you would like the event to repeat on.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience here, and thank for your patience as we work on getting this resolved! If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Thank you!

Didn’t mean to click “issue is resolved.” If I do that, will you still be able to reply here?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Yes I can still reply! I’ll set it back to “Pending Fix” though, which prevents it from being automatically closed after a period of inactivity. You can also still reply here in the meantime. : )

Hi, the issue is still prevalent. Any updates?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately I don’t have an update for you yet. I just checked on our internal ticket for this, and it is currently in the hands of the development team. It needs to be scoped, coded, tested, and scheduled for release. I’m sorry I don’t have a timeline I can give you, but as soon as we have an update, we’ll let you know here!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mary!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Bear in mind, that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to edit and update them so that series re-generates correctly.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event – Every 3 Months Making Monthly Events’ is closed to new replies.