Recurring event erratic (duplication within one day)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring event erratic (duplication within one day)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mary Anne Harris
    Participant

Recently, we started having trouble with recurring events. Such an event may “overlap” and show up more than once on a single day. Both the office manager and webmaster have tinkered with this (and done web searches on the topic) with no luck. Webmaster has tried turning off plugins and doing theme reversion as recommended. Problem remains. LINK

Since both of us will be monitoring this topic, replies from the office manager will be signed S, whereas the webmaster will sign W. Thanks.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mary Anne,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I took a look at your site and the main calendar view doesn’t appear to have any overlapping events (https://cloudup.com/cbS-IWCvjNt). I tried looking at other months in the calendar but there appears to be a javascript error on the page preventing the calendar from paginating between months.

It may be that I happened to be looking at the site while you’re doing some further testing?

Thanks!

Mary Anne Harris
    Participant

This is the tech W responding on behalf of the office manager S: She has been forced to repeat the same event contents manually, since setting one event as recurring is what created the problem. Do we need to “break” it again so that you can see what’s happening?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mary Anne,

Are you able to set up a staging environment to do some tests? The steps for helping to diagnose what may be going on here would include disabling all plugins and switching to a default theme and seeing if the issue persists. If the issue is resolved, you would be able to reactivate each plugin one by one to see which one may have created a conflict.

If the issue persists, we could then take a look at the events and see what may be causing the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Mary Anne Harris
    Participant

Josh, I’ll get with the office manager and run this test. Then get back with you.
    -W

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Sounds good. Let me know what gets revealed there.

Thanks!

Mary Anne Harris
    Participant

Still tinkering. The new misbehavior is that our security plugin is sending me scores of notices of event updates (to one recurring event) at all hours of the day/night. I suspect a runaway process but don’t know how to stop it. I’ll try to clarify this before I can tackle the original problem. –W

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mary Anne,

That definitely sounds strange. You can try installing the WP-Crontrol plugin. This will allow you to manually trigger the cron jobs that are running behind the scenes and see which one is triggering the recurring event update and the associated email. Once we know that, we can continue to dig into the potential issue there.

Thanks!

Mary Anne Harris
    Participant

This was the result of users (editor) trying to understand one of the multi-purpose fields in the Recurring section of the Admin area for the calendar. Another “Tribal” support forum reply has promised clarification in the future, and we’re OK in the duration. Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mary Anne,

Ah! I’m glad you were able to find the root of the issue here.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event erratic (duplication within one day)’ is closed to new replies.