Recurring event – different dates problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring event – different dates problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Didar
    Participant

Hi,

Have a recurring event where the event happens in different dates, but has same time. Example:
    The dates are:
    Mars 23rd
    Mars 25th
    Mars 28th
    April 7th

What I did was to insert it as a every day event, then had to add 14 exclusions dates which seems a bit unnecessary extra work. Is it a easier way to do it?

The easiest way, obviously, would it be if there where a “Add” date functionality for each date the event occurs. Is it difficult to achieve this?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Finn,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There are a couple of ways to accomplish that type of recurrence. I would take a look at the “custom” then “month” settings when creating the recurrence. There you can select the specific dates for the event.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Didar
    Participant

Thanks a lot 🙂

Solved my problem!

Nicolas
    Participant

Hi Josh,

I somehow have the same problem as Finn, except that I’m dealing here with “yearly” recurrences.
    In my case, I would like event X to occur on different dates, year on year. ex: March 28th 2016, April 17th 2017, April 2nd 2018, April 22nd 2019, and so on.

As of today, this is something that can’t be done it seems. I’m tried the “custom” feature, but selecting days only work for “monthly” recurrences.

What I would need, is to be able for each recurrence, to ad a date. This seems very feasible, as “exclusions” work on a date scheme. And since one can add as many specific date exclusions as he/she wishes (ex: exclude March 28th 2016, April 17th 2017, April 2nd 2018, April 22nd 2019, and so on), it would be great to have the exact same feature embedded in the recurrence rule (ex: “once”, “every day”, “every week”, “every month”, “custom” and “DATE”).

Also, in my case I would need an exclusion to be recurrent year on year (or month on month). For instance, many events wich a recurring on a weekly basis, won’t take place each December 25th and January 1st. Is there a way to exclude all December 25th and January 1st, from my future list of recurring events?

One last thing: I work with events that almost exclusively take place on the weekend (Saturday+Sunday). In “custom recurrence”, when I select “Custom” > “Frequency Yearly” > “Month” (ex: September) > “On the First/Second/third/fourth > I can only select Saturday and Sunday individually. I thus have to create a first rule for “Saturday” and a second rule for “Sunday”. That ain’t such a big deal compared to the first issue I mentioned above, but if you could add “weekend” to the drop down list, that’d be something 🙂

Thanks in advance for your help!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Nicolas,

Unfortunately my response here wouldn’t be much different than the one on the previous thread. If you would like, you can open a new thread outlining some of this, however the best place to add this information would be on our UserVoice page. There are some great points here and we would love to have those suggestions logged there.

Since the issue for the original poster have been addressed I’ll close this thread for now. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring event – different dates problem’ is closed to new replies.