recurring event date not showing in backend

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO recurring event date not showing in backend

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    smeedo
    Participant

hello!
    since the last update the event-dates are not showing in the backend.
    the time settings seem to be correct.

after re-saving the event, the word “false” apeared.

greetings
    stephan

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by smeedo.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by smeedo.
    Brook
    Participant

Howdy smeedo,

I would love to help you with this.

Would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Cheers!

– Brook

smeedo
    Participant

This reply is private.

smeedo
    Participant

This reply is private.

smeedo
    Participant

…the mouse over “show all” in the list view shows empty spaces, too.

smeedo
    Participant

hello,

unfortunately the updates from today did not bring the promised results 🙁

when i click on “see all” the link is tranlated to “…/alle”, not “…/all”. when i delete the last “e” it works.

mousover on “see all” brings empty list (see screenshot).

what did i do wrong?

greetings

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again,

I’m sorry about the See all not working quite right. Basically it is dependent upon your translation files being completely up to date. If one of the multiple ones is out of date, those 404s can happen.

While you wait for the translation to get updated by the community, you could alter the URL yourself by using this snippet:
    https://gist.github.com/elimn/df638214c7bb3b734e8e818e043d2729

If you paste that in your functions.php file,  it will change the recurring URL to ‘alle’ in both plugins simultaneously. Thus even if one does not have the translated string yet, it won’t matter because it will use this string instead.

I am sorry for the inconvenience here. Hopefully the above snippet will help. Thank you for sharing your system info.

Are you still seeing false for the event times after updating to 4.4.3?

Cheers!

– Brook

smeedo
    Participant

hey!
    thank you for the answer. i found the code-snippet in another thread and it works ok for me.
    we i click on “see all” the link is “…/?eventDisplay=alle” and i get to the single event-page. when i click on “se all” again on this single page, i get to the page with all events… not perfect, but better than a 404-page.

to your 2nd question: yes. the dates still seem to be confused. mouseover over “see all” brings empty results (see screenshots)

cheers
    stephan

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Again Stephan,

I am happy to hear we got rid of one of those issues.

Looking at your site, I am seeing some events working correctly like this one: http://kreml-kulturhaus.de/veranstaltung/trommeln-heartbeat-rhythm-2/alle/ This one has the proper see all link, which is /alle/ instead of ?eventDisplay=alle. Further, that event does not seem to have the confused dates as best I can tell.

Is the issue you are facing only on some of your recurring events, or is it a problem with all of them including the one above? If it is only on some recurring events, could you try creating a new recurring event that copies every detail from one of the problem ones, including time, description, and so forth. Does this new copy face the same problem as the original?

Cheers!

– Brook

smeedo
    Participant

hello brook,

thank you for your reply! the “see all” problem seems to be fixed with the code snippet you released.
    on problem is remaining: when doing a mouseover on “see all” i get empty results in the tooltip. when i enter the event in the backend i get aa script-error message. i think the date-format is confused (see screenshots).
    in the top row the date is 16/02/2017. in the following rows it’s 2017-02-17 etc

greetings
    stephan

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Stephan,

Thank you for sharing the error. This make me strongly suspect that something is conflicting with the plugin’s “bootstrap datepicker”. The datepicker we use is extremely common, and used by many other plugins. Unfortunately sometimes other plugins assume they are the only ones using it and modify how it behaves, which gives all other plugins, including ours errors.

To test for this would you mind faithfully accomplishing the following steps?

1. Just to be extra safe, could you make sure you have a backup of your website? Most websites hosts offer the ability to backup your files and databases at the click of a button.
    2. Switch themes to Twenty Sixteen.
    3. Go to WP Admin > Plugins and Deactivate all plugins except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro.
    4. Go to problem event and edit it. Are you still getting errors? If so, Try clicking the “Update” button on the event which will resave it.
    5. After clicking update are you continuing to see errors? If so, do you see errors with new events? Could you try adding a new test event. Does it have errors?

Please let me know if you have any questions along the way. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Stephan!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 10th July 2017) is out, including a fix for the “see all” issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-10th-july-2017/

Please update the plugins and see if it works for you. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if you encounter any problems.
    Best,
    Victor

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘recurring event date not showing in backend’ is closed to new replies.