Recurrent events issue – first event appears twice

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurrent events issue – first event appears twice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Georg
    Participant

Hello, there is an issue in recurrent events; When I enter a weekly recurrent event (not daily), for example an event on So / Mo / Fr every week until a last date, the first event appears twice. When i enter a daily recurrent event, all is fine. The issue appears since the last update of events calendar pro.
    Actually i delete manualy on of the two first events. I use actual versions of events calendar pro and filter bar.
    Thanks for help, Georg

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Georg,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue! There is currently a known issue (that sounds very similar to what you are describing) where duplicates are being created when using the “Once” rule. Can you please send me a screenshot of the rules that you’re using (with all sections expanded) so that I can verify that this is indeed the same thing or if not, do some further testing on my end?

Please note that if you are replying via email, attachments will not be included. You’ll need to login and upload the image directly to the thread.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Georg
    Participant

Hello Jennifer, i will show you a sreenshot of events-calendar-pro: Here i filled in an event, starting on 11.9.2018 and ending on 28.9.2018. I choose the weekly repetition. The event happens – for example – every week on Sonnday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. The issue, that happend is, that the first event on 11.9.2018 appears twice in the calendar. I must delete on of the two shown events in the dashboard. The error does not occur, when i choose the daily repetition. The issue, when choosing weekly repetition, is new, i will think, it happend since the last update of events calendar pro. Everything else works well. Thanks for help, regards Georg

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying that Georg!

I tested this out on my end using the settings in your screenshot and am not seeing a duplicate created using the “Weekly” option – did you initially use the “Once” option when you created this event? If you if you make a change to this event (which has only “Weekly” recurrence rules set) and click “Update”, are you seeing another duplicate created?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Georg,

We’ve been able to confirm this as an issue in the system and logged it for our developers to take a look at – apologies for the inconvenience here!

As soon as we have an update on this, we’ll let you know here. Thank you for your patience as we work on getting this resolved! If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurrent events issue – first event appears twice’ is closed to new replies.