Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

In the edit event window, when I add a setting for recurrence rules, no other options populate, i.e. Custom or dates, I don’t ever see a frequency option to specify – under date, it will refresh and allow me to input date afterwards, but clicking add another rule doesn’t allow me to add an additional date or other options. My guess is that it is a theme conflict (using Gantry5 platform with a rockettheme customized template), but I’m hoping there might be a way to force this to display or that there may be another workaround as one of the reasons I upgraded to the Pro 10 site plan was specifically for the recurring events feature…

Website is http://hydehall.org. It is newly live, so I have not switched themes to check for conflicts there. We waited until after it was live to install the pro version so that we could register it on the final URL instead of development.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Susan,

I am sorry this is giving you troubles! I would love to help you with this.

We waited until after it was live to install the pro version so that we could register it on the final URL instead of development.

I first of all just wanted to say that you can totally have a dev site and a live one covered by a single license. Some helpful articles if you are ever in this spot in the future:

My guess is that it is a theme conflict (using Gantry5 platform with a rockettheme customized template), but I’m hoping there might be a way to force this to display or that there may be another workaround as one of the reasons I upgraded to the Pro 10 site plan was specifically for the recurring events feature…

I suspect you are right. Typically conflicts in the admin area stem from themes, and this sounds like a conflict. If you open your browser’s console does it show any helpful JavaScript error messages? If so, what files are they coming from? If not, could you try a conflict test on your dev or staging server, or perhaps during low traffic hours?

Cheers!

– Brook

Susan
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    Thanks for your reply!

I have the development site still running – maybe we can troubleshoot it there and then implement the fix on live when we figure it out. I won’t have time to go back into it for another few days, but if you want to play in the meanwhile, I will send you the login details in the private reply section below separately.

In the meanwhile, I added weekend only events twice – once for saturdays recurring weekly through X date; and once for sundays recurring weekly through X date. Then for others, I added as daily and then trashed the dates that were incorrect. Not quite easy (a copy event feature would be helpful for this), but it worked for now.

Susan

Susan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Susan
    Participant

I will do this (likely next week) and will report back.
    Thanks!
    Susan

Brook
    Participant

Sounds good Susan. Our topics do autoclose after a couple of weeks of inactivity. However if you do it anytime next week then it won’t close. If it takes a bit longer though, feel free to open a new topic and we’ll happily continue the conversation there. 🙂

• Brook
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event’ is closed to new replies.